Chapter 21

Darnell's POV

After having fun with everyone after a little prank, we all washed our faces and just watching TV together. I look out the window and see that it's pretty dark out now and I'm just waiting on Cinder's call now. I have Pyrrha in my lap while we watch and she's leaning back into my chest happy as always. I decide to ask her about her fight today "So Pyrrha? How was your win today? Heard you and Ren did pretty well."

She looks up at me "It was good fight actually, they were pretty formidable. Me and Ren pulled through with quick thinking and defeated them."

Aelia is on the ground in front of us laughing as her mother finished talking "More like you fucked them up! They stood no chance."

Pyrrha sighs but I laugh "Sounds more like it, formidable my ass"

She holds my hand "I don't like it when you curse Darnell"

"I don't like it when you sell yourself short."

Huy laughs a bit and mocks me "I don't like it when you sell yourself short baby"

I laugh "Shut up lover boy, your the same way"

Blake laughs a bit as her hears this "Sorry Huy, but you are quite the romantic so don't tease Darnell about it. I love when you act like that though, it's real sweet."

Julia sighs in disgust "Shut up, trying to watch something here! Not listen to how my parents show their affection."

Huy laughs and teases her some more "How about hearing you're uncle and aunt then? We walked in on them before."

As I was listening I spit out my drink onto the floor and Pyrrha tried stopping Huy from saying anything else. Aelia immediately blurts out "NO! DON'T SAY ANY OF THAT SHIT! PLEASE!"

Blake goes "Don't worry! They didn't do anything.... well, we actually interrupted them before they did anything."

When everyone was talking I check my scroll checking it due to it vibrating and I see Cinder texted me telling me to meet her now. She wants me to meet her at the entrance of the forest.

I think of a good excuse to leave, I push Pyrrha off me gently "I'm gonna go for a walk, clear my mind a bit and avoid getting embarrassed by any more of this nonsense."

I feel Pyrrha grab my arm "Mind if I come with you? I wanted to talk to you for a bit about everything in private. Plus with you guys being a extra pair of hands during the festival, we can't spend that much time together..."

When she finishes she looks at me expectantly and it hurts me to say no to her "I'm sorry but I just wanna go for a walk by myself for a few.... I need to think things over... sorry."

She looks hurt "O-Ok... that's fine.... but when you come back... can we talk or something? Please..."

I hug her tightly to reassure her "Of course, I just want to listen to some music and walk around for a while." I kiss her on the lips "I'll be back ok?" She nods her head in disappointment, and I grab my clean clothes and head out.

I'm at the front gates with my gear and mentally prepare myself as I walk my way to the forest. I call Cinder to tell her I'm on my way, I hear the ring go for a bit and she answers "Hello Darnell, I'm guessing you're on you way to meet me?"

"Yeah, I just left and grabbed my gear, any rules when we fight?"

I hear her hum a bit before she answers "I guess when our aura breaks then that's it, if I win we go our separate ways and I continue what I'm doing.... even though talking, to you makes me regret doing it... if you win or it's a draw I will tell you what I can."