Chapter 11

Huy's POV

Me and Darnell got our outfits for the dance and on our way back to Beacon. I get a call from Blake apologizing about her obsession with the white fang and how she's been acting lately. I told her to not worry about it and just relax have fun while we can, we will stop this and she has me to support all the way through. We tell each other our goodbyes and I hang up.

"Was that Blake Huy? Is she finally gonna start to relax with the white fang thing? Girl look like she doesn't even sleep now."

I nod "Yeah she's laying off with it now and plus she's going to the dance now. I'm gonna do my best to make it a great one for her."

Darnell forms a smirk on his face "Oh yeah? Why do I feel like fish isn't the only type of meat she'll be having tonight?" He starts to laugh his ass off.

I get flustered by hearing this "Fuck off man, if I do I'll make sure to get to the dorm first to ruin your chances of getting any, that's if Pyrrha forgives you."

Now it's my turn to laugh "Wow you went there" he laughs a bit "Fucking ass hat"

The bullhead lands and we make our way to our dorm to hang our clothes up. I think Darnell is waiting to talk to Pyrrha at the dance, he wants her to have her space after that misunderstanding. We decide to hit the hay and get some sleep so tomorrow can come already.

Classes are almost over now and everyone seems to be pretty excited. Blake says she's gonna surprise me with her outfit and said she'll meet me outside the hall where the dance is taken place. Class ends and I'm walking in the hallway and I see a girl with ember eyes and ash like hair that covers one of her eyes. She's wearing a Haven uniform from the looks of it and is starting to walk my way, I get a bad vibe from her. She has two people behind her following as she walks to me. Unfortunately they cut me off and start small talk. The one staring at me goes first "So you're the other dragon of Beacon huh? Everything I expected you to be."

I raise an eyebrow "What was it you expected from me then? If you don't mind me asking."

"I expected you to be intelligent, calm minded, and strong. I can tell from just looking at you, unlike from your partner your not hot headed."

I get irritated by hearing her insult Darnell "Him being hot headed has giving him the push he needs to do what he has to do. I don't take to kindly to you insulting him by the way Miss...?"

She raises her hand for me to shake it "Cinder, Cinder Fall and I had no intention to insult him in any way, just saying that's all. These are my teammates Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai. Our fourth is running late so she won't be here for a while."

This guy behind her is the one Darnell fought! These people must be the ones who kidnapped us! The other two seem to obey her every whim so that's how I figured, but we need more evidence. I shake her hand and get a good look at Mercury "So you're the guy Darnell fought in combat class and forfeited? Was he too much to handle?"

He gets irritated a bit "I'll admit he's a strong opponent, but I rather fight by my own rules."

I decide to test the waters "So like a boot to the face then?" I get a reaction out them and they're surprised.

Cinder speaks up and changes the topic "Anyways I was wondering if you had a date to the dance? Or at least have a dance with me if you don't mind."

I shake my head "I don't think so, I got my girlfriend to dance with thank you." I waste no time to shoulder check Mercury and be on my way to get ready for tonight. I hear Cinder get pissed as I walk away complaining how nobody has told her no before. I just laugh as I walk away from those three,besides I have Blake and she's way better than that control freak. I gotta tell Darnell I met Mercury and his group and see what he thinks about them.