Chapter 3

Pyrrha's POV

As I put my hand over Darnell's heart I begin the chant to unlock his aura. Him and Huy seem to have a lot of aura, and from just their aura I can tell what kind of people they are. Kind, loving, supportive, are there for others when needed, the list goes on with these two. I'm happy I can trust that they won't do any wrongs or hurt others without a reason, but Darnell's aura stands out the most to me. It's as if I can read everything about him. Wait, I'm seeing flashes of something but I don't know what they are exactly. I... I think these are his memories! How am I doing this right now?! I've never heard of this happening to anyone nor have I experienced it. I see his beautiful family go through rough times but they've always kept their smiles because of each other. His parents would go the extra mile for their children. He looks just like his father... and HE'S HUGE! Darnell is pretty big but his father is just plain scary, but he's a gentle giant who did everything for his wife and kids. Teaching Darnell everything he knows, passing on his knowledge and watching his son grow...

Sadly I start to see the bad memories now, just like his father people took advantage of his kindness and used him for their own benefit then toss him away. Past relationships where he was used just hurt me down to the core... He would realize what was happening and would do his best to not make it violent. I start to question these people, why harm a good soul such as Darnell and his father. Then, I see a memorie when Darnell goes home to his father.. puking up blood and begging for help. He keeps his cool and does his best to calm him down, he calls his mother tells her what's happening. He goes to his grandfather upstairs to have him call an ambulance. The ambulance arrives and makes him carry his own father from the basement upstairs as his father starts to choke on blood, the ambulance takes him away and Darnell starts to fiddle with a cross. It seems to be of sentimental value. His mother calls saying she's going to the hospital for his father, he decides to say home with his little sister and watch over her since she's sick. His grandparents leave to go meet his mother... but they come back home and tell him his father... Past away in the ambulance..

I see more memories of Darnell basically fighting against his father's side of the family for their selfishness, attempting to steal his truck or even take his father's ashes! Then everything goes blank and I'm back in the forest with my hand still on his chest. I realize I'm crying and I look up to Darnell and seems to know that I saw his memories and holds a blank look. I look back at his chest and notice the same cross he was fiddling with.

My hand reaches out to touch it and he grabs my hand. I flinch out of fear that I've offended him, but he reaches behind his neck with both hands taking his necklace off and says " Open your hands Pyrrha". I do as I'm told he places the cross in my hands. It has some weight to it, I feel a divit or a bump underneath it and I flip it over, there's a piece of circular metal welded to the back."This cross is my father's, it's one of the few things I have that was my father's. I decided to have his ashes put in it so that the world knows he's always in my heart. It also represents the amendment I made that day. To protect the ones I love and care about, protect those who can't protect themselves."

I look back up to him and he sheds a single tear in his left eye. I raise my hand and use my thumb to wipe it off. I ask him "How do you keep a smile and stay strong with all this pain inside you Darnell." I cry more tears as I ask this.

He puts both hands on my face and does the same I did to him, but I feel this warmth as he does not like I've have ever before. "That's for another time so why don't we keep moving and stop this awkward vibe we got going with the others" he laughs at the end and grabs his cross from me gently, I completely forgot we're in the forest still and with the others! I panic and look at them and they looked touched and confused at what just happened. Darnell starts to walk ahead as I stand in the same spot flustered and embarrassed.