Chapter 29

Darnell's POV

It's been a week or so since I was revived now. Mother has had me training with one of her disciples named Hazel, he's strong and doesn't feel pain whatsoever. Sadly I've barely achieved to be what I used to be though from what they've told me... I can't activate my semblance anymore but I still have some of my old qualities like my reflexes but I'm not that powerful.. Dr. Watts says he's working on a suit for me to use so I can start doing what needs to be done. It should bring me up to speed on my power but without it I can't do much. Right now I'm currently eating with my Mother in silence... I've barely touched my food... I keep having these dreams of this girl... she has red hair and gold armor... I can never see her face though... she usually runs away from me yelling out my name in horror as if I've done something horrible to her.... when I get close I wake up and try my best to train and remember my old life... I feel my Mother is hiding something from me and doesn't want me knowing.

She notices me not eating and breaks the silence "Darnell.... is everything alright?"

I break out of my thoughts "Huh? Oh... nothing... just thinking about ways to get my power back and gets some results is all.... I'm sorry for how I've been lacking in strength..."

She shakes her head and puts her cold hand on mine "It's fine.... you were killed after all, it'll take some time. Just like wounds.... time will heal them.... but scars stay forever..."

I think a bit before asking her this "Mother.... I don't mean to be rude but are you hiding something from me?"

She looks right at me as I say this with aggravation written on her face "What makes you think that Darnell? Choose your answer wisely now.."

"I've been..... seeing this one girl in my dreams.... and other fragments of memories that only confuse me more... I just want answers as all.... not more questions."

Her face softens a little in understanding " I suppose your right.... I've held back information due to your condition.... it could harm your mind right now and we don't want that."

She's right, if I learn all of my past in one sitting it could possibly harm me in some way. "Thank you for answering truthfully."

I go to take a bite out of my food as we hear a knock at the door, I stand up and walk over to answer it. I reach the door and open to see Dr. Watts "Hello Darnell, I've got good news for you and madam Salem."

I hear Mother stand up and walk over to us "And what is that Watts? You interrupting our dinner is quite rude so it must be good."

"It is I assure you, Darnell's suit is ready to go, I just need to run a few tests with Darnell is all."

"Hmm.... let us see then, I want Darnell to be out on the field where I need him."

He clears his throat "Just follow me then madam, and we can get Darnell out there as soon as these tests are done."

I can't help but get excited to actually do something besides training now, if everything goes well I'll be able to prove my worth now and get answers out there.... Maybe I'll see her...

Wow.... this suit.... it's pretty menacing, I walk closer and it opens up beckoning me to step inside. I hear Dr. Watts from behind me "Go ahead Darnell, step into the suit if you will. Just take your top off as it could get tight around the chest."

I do as he says proceed to go step into the suit. I put my arms into the arms of the suit and my legs. I hear Mother talk to me "Now... just relax and let the suit fit itself to you son. This could hurt but I know you'll pull through."

Watts starts typing away at a nearby computer and I feel the suit start to tighten up on me or fit itself onto my body. "Okay Darnell, brace yourself now."