Chapter 18

Darnell's POV

I prepare myself for a bunch of life changing questions as I make my way to Pyrrha and her parents. "Hello Mr and Mrs Nikos! It's a pleasure to meet you both." I say as I raise my hand to shake theirs.

The father shakes my hand and speaks first "Indeed it is Darnell, I've heard a lot about you son and I'm happy to know my daughter is in good hands."

I nod happily as he says this, I look towards the mother to shake hers as well "Yes I'm so happy to meet the man my little girl always brags about! Not to mention all of your achievements here at Beacon with your partner. Having the title the dragons of Beacon is quite the accomplishment Darnell!"

I laugh sheepishly as they say this "Well I'm happy you approve of me, it was pretty nerve wracking hearing you guys were coming. So how are you enjoying yourselfs at the fairgrounds? Me and my team are going to be security for majority of the Vytal Festival so if you have a problem just let me or Pyrrha know."

Father seems pleased "We're having a good time so far Darnell and I'll take you on your offer, if there's a problem I'll come to you."

Pyrrha's Mom comes to my side "I hope Pyrrha isn't giving you any problems in any way, if she does let us know!"

Pyrrha gets flustered "Mom I'm not giving him any problems!"

I scoff and whisper "Yeah right"

She hears me and gives me a glare "Sorry, heh didn't think you would hear me"

We all share a laugh and I hear a large wind behind me and see rose petals, I see Ruby rush me and give me a bear hug "DARNELL!! I haven't seen you in a while!"

I hug her back "Yeah it's been a while Rubes"

I see the rest of her team walk up to us and Yang gives me a hug as well "Hey bro, long time no see. We've been looking for ya, Ozpin wants you to have this ear headset thing so your team can communicate easier."

She hands me a ear bud with a loop to go around my ear, I put it on and press the button on the side "Hello? Anyone hear me?"

I hear Huy first "Bout time you got yours"

Then Aelia "Damn Dad little late to the party"

The only one who helps me out in some way is Julia "He had to wait for the others to get to him, there's need to mess with him"

"Yeah, what would you want me to do? Wait faster or something?"

I hear everyone laugh on the frequency we're all on and Aelia stops first "Wait, some of the students say there's activity in Emerald Forest"

I keep going "There's always activity there, it's grimm most likely."

Julia cuts me off "Yeah but why would someone report it to us then? I believe we should check it out at least, better safe then sorry"

We all agree "Alright grab a bullhead, I'm on my way" I put my hand down from pressing the button and look at everyone "Sorry guys to cut this short but someone reported some unknown activity in the forest. Enjoy the festivities and enjoy yourselves!" I look at team RWBY "Good luck on you're guys fight if I don't make it!" I kiss Pyrrha on the cheek and run off. I hear Pyrrha and Blake yell out be safe. I laugh "We never are!"

I meet up with the others at the landing pads "Ok so whats the plan?"

Huy goes "Well me and you are gonna check it out while the girls stay here just in case something happens"

I look at Aelia and she's got new clothes on, happy she doesn't care about her scars anymore

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.