Chapter 27

Aelia's POV

I don't remember much after I came back to the others, I'm currently in a hospital bed at the moment in pain. I can take it though... Dad's pain tolerance was passed down to me. I look around and I'm in a typical hospital of some kind, the room I'm in has a two chairs and I see my weapons in one of them. "At least they brought my weapons back..... and Dad's too." Then the sudden realization of everything came back to me "Where's Dad!?" I'm hooked up to some medical machines but I don't care! I rip the lines and everything off of my body, I grunt in pain from how sore my whole body is.... but I have to know if he's ok!! I look over myself and see they took my boots and top off to clean my wounds. I stagger over to the side of my bed and grab my top... I put it on sloppily, I don't care about my boots... the cold floor is keeping me awake... I can barely stand... they must've put some drug that numbs the pain a little and it's affecting my movement. I push through the door in a hurry. I look side to side and I see Cinder. She spots me and runs to me.

"Aelia?! What are you doing? You have to rest!" I look at her eyes and I see tear stains near them."

I whisper to her cause I'm afraid of her answer "Where.... where's my father...."

Her eyes widen and she looks down and says nothing... I can see tears start to fall, no.... I won't believe this!!! "WHERE IS HE CINDER!!" I start to get mad since she's not answering me and she was somewhat a part of all of this. "YOU BETTER ANSWER ME!!!" My voice softens "Please..." I feel my eyes start to water as well... I see my Mom and Aunt Blake run around the corner, must've heard me yelling. I look over Cinder's shoulder and see.... no..... Mom is wearing Dad's cross... he never takes that off! No matter what he never takes it off! Cinder moves to the side and slumps against the wall and says nothing...

My Mom reaches me first "Aelia... you have to rest ok? Just... go back in your room, the nurses will help you.." she notices how I'm staring at Dad's cross.... it's got..... blood all on it..... I let my tears fall now...

I choke out "M-Mom.... why is.... Dad's cross..... covered in blood..... and why do you have it..."

She says nothing but hugs me.... She holds me real close.... "Your father.....*sniff* he..... I'm so sorry Aelia... but your father died fighting to save everyone!" As she says this she tightens her grip on me.... "He saved your uncle Huy!! He saved so many lives today! He gave his life for those who he has taken when he was under Salem's control!" We fall to the floor but we're still hugging each other. I hide my face in her chest and start to cry my heart out.... if only I was stronger... I could've helped you Dad!! I scream from this newfound pain..... but my screams are muffled due to me hugging Mom...

I hear aunt Blake say a few words "He did what most of us can't do Aelia..... sacrifice himself for others...." I can hear it in her voice and she's doing her best to hold her emotions in. I keep screaming and just hug my Mother tighter.... hoping I wake up from this nightmare.... I hear more movement but I don't care.... nothing they say or do.... will bring him back! I feel my aura come back and I start to power up.... I can't control myself....

Pyrrha's POV

I'm doing my best to comfort Aelia.... but I know how she's feeling.... like a part of her died today.... wait.... she's powering up! No! I can't have her power up in here! She'll most likely hurt the others who are in here getting treatment! "Aelia! YOU HAVE TO STOP! YOU'RE GONNA LOSE CONTROL OF YOURSELF!!" She screams in response and her arms to change... just like Darnell's! "BABY PLEASE YOU HAVE TO STOP!!"

"I'M.... TRYING!!!" She looks up at me with her eyes tightly shut, gritting her teeth.... she's getting fangs! Her hair starts to flow as if there's a flow of air coming from below her. She starts to get scales "CINDER! HELP ME PLEASE!" She nods and rushes us and knocks Aelia out with a punch to the back of the head. Me and Aelia hit a wall and she's out cold, I look up at Cinder "Why did you do that!?"