Chapter 46

Amelia's POV

We hear grandmother struggle and then an explosion happens, we immediately drop the doors and run in and see father against the wall with a dent in it. I run to his side with Aelia and I check his vitals "He still has a heartrate and his breathing is slow."

Aelia slaps his face "Hey! No more scaring us you ass!"

I shove her off of father "Must everything be done with violence Aelia!"

She stands up in my face "Listen you fake shit! I was here first!"

I get right back in hers "So that gives you the right to assault our father who was just in a traumatic experience not even a hour ago!?"

Mother stops us "ENOUGH!"

We stop and apologize as she powers up to prevent us from fighting "You're sisters! Not enemies! Save the fight for them not ourselves!"

Camilla walks past us as father starts to stir and helps him up, I hear grandmother groan and I run to the other side of the room and help her up with mother "Thank you.... She was trying to get to Darnell in some way.... but I stopped it just in time."

Mother pats the dust off her back "Thank you Salem, happy you're on our side."

She smiles at mother "Of course, happy to be with family again."

I turn around and walk towards father but his sword catches my attention

"Wow father! That's one powerful looking sword!"

His eyes regain focus and he gets a good look at his new weapon "You're right, this is.... woah I can feel how powerful it is... I gotta be careful with it. Too bad I don't have my old sling for it that I made."

Grandmother walks up to us with Mom being cautious just in case she needs help standing "There's no need to worry" she holds her hand out and summons a sheath for it "This was yours, here try it on."

He the sheath on his back puts his sword in it "Nice... wonder how my armor looks and the other weapons for Huy and Ivo are."

Mother walks up to him "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, for now at least. Mom... why is Xandra obsessed with me?"

We can see her stiffen up a bit as father asks her that "W-what do you mean?"

Father gets aggravated "Don't fucking lie to me... I'm in no mood for bullshit!"

Sorrow covers grandmother's face with a hint of guilt "When I was a maiden... I was dying during a mission and was left behind... She saved me... but for a price..."

Father gets in her face "What did she want Mom."

Mother tries to calm him down "Darnell relax... She has enough guilt as it is... we all have problems we have to deal with, you know that better than anyone here."