Chapter 26

Darnell's POV

As I move forward with Huy, we hear everyone wishing us luck... and a safe return... I don't derseve one for what I've done... under control or not, it happened because of my foolishness. Everyone sheds a few tears and I hear some of them sob... but there's one one I hear out of all them clear as day... "D-Dad... you'll c-come back r-right?!" I feel my heart shatter as I hear Aelia say those words... my grip tightens up so much I feel myself change into my new form and cause blood to drip down my hand... I don't respond, but I turn around to look at her and give my goodbye.. her eyes are so red... from crying and dealing with all the stress from today's catastrophe..

I look her in the eyes "I don't know Aelia..... I feel... I feel this might be the last time you'll see me..." I do my best to hold in my emotions.

She shakes her head in defiance with her eyes closed with tears still pouring slowly from her eyes, she stops and opens them again "No.... you'll come back... I k-know you won't leave us" her voice starts to crack "You won't leave me and Mom!"

I start to walk towards her in slience, everyone watches as I approach her without saying a word. She looks up at me with pleading eyes, hoping I'll tell her I'll come back... but I honestly don't know anymore... I hug her out of desperation to not see her eyes "Listen.... you may have not been born like anyone else here... but I want to let you know.... that I love you with everything in my being.... You are my little girl.. no matter how big or old you get! I don't care if I never got to see you grow up into the young woman you are now!" My emotions start to let themselves be known in my voice and my eyes "You are everything a father could ask for! You're strong! Smart! Beautiful! You're qualities outshine your flaws and you're always improving!" By now I can feel her stiffen up in shock... then hug me back with eveything she's got "You're gonna have obstacles you think you'll never get past... you will want to drop everything and run! But you won't! You'll stand tall and face everything head on!!!" I cry harder now "But.... you have everyone around you... your family.... friends... teachers willing to help you in your fights... don't do what I did.... don't do it alone..."

She cries and screams into my chest... my shirt starts to get wet from her "I won't Dad!! *sniff* I promise I'll never fight alone if I have to! I promise to live up to you and Mom!"

I shake my head "No honey...." I let go a bit to see her face and she looks up to me "You don't have to be me or your mother... you can be your own person... you can use what we've taught you and become something just as great... I hope even better then me or your Mom... I believe in you.."

She cries more and slams her head back onto my chest.... I hear her whisper "Please..... come back... alive and well... I don't know what I'll do if you die...."

I'm filled with guilt of putting her through this... I let go of her and back up a bit.... she's look at me and is scared I'm gonna say no again... I look at my duel SMGs.... and decide something, I take off my holsters and look at them and look back at her "Here.... take them... please..."

She refuses "No! You're going to come back! My father is one of Beacon's strongest!! He always takes on a challenge and is always there for the ones he cares for! The ones he loves! He won't back down even if he's facing death in the eyes! He tell it to fuck itself before it harms anyone!!"

She.... she really thinks that about me.... heh.... you would prolly say she's like me in that regard... huh Dad? I laugh a little and shed a tear, I wipe my eye and look her in the eyes "No... I'm asking you to hold them for me.... until I get back from saving the tower, can you do that for me honey?" I say with a smile

She sniffs a bit and wipes her tears and runs up and grabs them from me gently "Of course! I'll make sure they're in good condition when you get back!" She fastens them to her thighs just like how I had them.