Chapter 57

Huy's POV

I got no idea what's wrong with my nieces but they are really pissed off right now. Come on Darnell I know it's hard but those kids look up to you man! I go to walk over to them but Michael cuts me "Hey uh.... uncle Huy?"

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Why does my Father act like an idiot sometimes? I fail to see what everyone loves about him."

"I'm running out of excuses to defend him to be honest."

He laughs a bit "I can tell with recent events."

I sigh a bit "Yeah..... well I'd have to say he's a natural leader and was willing to step up when most of us didn't. He's been through some shit as of late and it's really starting to get to him."

He sits in thought "How... how was he at Beacon?" He says quietly towards the end.

"He was great, pushing to make himself stronger and I was the same and we were both trying our best to find a way home but..."

I pause for a but to find the best answer "We started to realize what we had going on."

He gets confused "Didn't you already know the threat that was coming though? I don't see why you wanted out."

"Those reasons were your mother and Aunt. Blake is just..... I can't even describe the feeling I get when I think about her. It's like I can take on anything and I'm positive it's the same as your Father."

"But... he did all those things to everyone including her."

"Yeah.... he's being fucked with so much he was at his breaking point on multiple occasions. I feel he's still teetering right now honestly. That's why I haven't said anything and I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to sit down and talk with him. Especially since he's willing to work with Xandra.... she's helped cause what the fuck is happening now."

"Yeah, that's what has me so confused but we do need her sadly. The foe we're teaming up against is gonna take a lot to take down. It's just.... everyone tells me my Father is this and that... but I fail to see it. Mother preaches about how great he was in the oast and all I see now is the husk of someone with potential..... potential to let everything crumble around him as he grows."

"Damn.... that hit pretty deep Micheal." I put my arm on his shoulder and give a squeeze "I know it's hard.... but once he gets everything right... he will shine like no other, no pun intended."

He laughs a bit pushes my arm off "You're a weird one Uncle Huy."

"Hey uh.... can I ask you question?"

"Shoot."

"What is Kenji like?"

"Sort of like me, we were bred to be this way. No beating around the bush and willing to do whatever for the mission, even though I did it for my sisters.... he still did it for the mission."

Blake walks up to us "Glad to see someone is getting to know his family Michael."

"Hi Aunt Blake, just telling Uncle Huy about Kenji."

"Oh.... I hope he's ok..... so much is going on and who knows what they're making him do."

I go to say something and Ironwood comes yelling into the room "We got a major problem everyone! Seems someone wants to meet Darnell and is starting to get impatient!"

He activates his scroll and hologram of some large looking man rivaling Darnell's Father pops up. He looks like something that came straight from the Grimm.