Chapter 51

Darnell's POV

I tie up my boots and fasten my holster and think back on what I'm doing "I... switched sides. I wonder how things will turn out and if the girls will hate me... Pyrrha definitely will..."

Someone slams my door open to the room me and Xandra share and it's Michael "Hey, Xandra said hurry it up, we gotta leave before they get to Argus."

"Yeah, your Mom and the others will set up a foothold or make things harder for us."

He nods his head "Yeah so move your ass like you have somewhere to go then."

I get aggravated by his tone "Relax dickhead, I'm good to go anyways. Just thinking about some things."

He laughs under his mask "Thinkjng about the woman you cheated on? Or your so called family?"

I grab him by the throat and activated my semblance to overpower him so he doesn't move "I'm not at terms with it yet, so if you could hold back on the jokes... your life will be easier."

He grabs my hand and tries to force his way out of my grip but I just drop him anyway "Your my son, not my enemy... your rather have me as your father or that monster downstairs?"

He stands back up "I'll get to you on that, don't see much of a difference at the moment."

I walk out and tie my hair back to it's pony tail, can't wait to be back to my normal self again. I take a left and see everyone waiting on us and Kenji is the first to say anything to me "Hello uncle, I assume you didn't beat on Michael too much did you?"

I shrug my shoulders and walk past him as Michael steps into the room and stand by Xandra "How are things?"

She smiles "Good, Hazel, Watts and Tyrian will watch over things as we head out. The clones will attack encampments and steal anything valuable to us and the white fang."

"What are me and you doing?"

"We'll keep track of our enemies, Salem and the others will be landing soon. Your nephew and son will be backup but will be strictly recon for now."

Kenji walks up behind me "Is there anything we should know that you can tell us?"

"Be wary of your father and mother, they'll talk to you and see if you'll switch sides but that doesn't mean they're weak in any way. Don't underestimate them or your sister."

Michael walks up behind Xandra "What about the others who came from Earth like you?"

"They're not as strong but they're smart and tactical, like I said don't underestimate any of them. Your mother though..."

I can see Xandra visibly get annoyed hearing Pyrrha "She's powerful and will most likely take pity on you but if she realizes she's not getting anywhere with you... she'll go through you. She's heartbroken and emotions will just make her push herself even further, Your sisters aren't no joke either."

Xandra steps in between us "Salem is for me, no one shall go against her? Agreed? Even you Darnell, she knows what your capable of and will do what's necessary to either get you back on their side or incapacitate you."

"Agreed I'll just get whatever info I can then. I'll explore the town and keep my distance from them."

Xandra uses her magic and gives us all lien to spend on "Here in case you need anything you can buy it, should be enough for now. Darnell we'll all stay in touch with these ear pieces, they only have one channel and can't be intercepted by Atlas or anyone. Watts made these for us just in case Salem can hear us due to Darnell."