Chapter 8

Darnell's POV

So now me and Huy have adjusted to our new classes and schedule and it's not to bad, though I wish I didn't have to go to Port's class man. Guy won't stop talking about himself and using one of his stories as a lesson. Which I couldn't take anymore and gave him attitude, now I'm stuck in detention because I couldn't keep my mouth shut.

"Mr. Pearson, I understand you and your partner are the only duo team probably in history but please don't let it get to your head and just make a a comment like that during a lecture! You're going to be a great hunter, trust me son I can see the potential in you and Mr. Nguyen. You just have to take what us teachers tell you and use that information to help further yourself."

I give it some thought and decide to stand up and walk to him "I'm sorry sir, you're right about that I should be soaking up all this information to use in the future and it could prolly save a life. I apologize professor and it won't happen again."

He seems satisfied with my answer "Good, you may leave now and proceed with your day."

I grab my bag with all my school supplies and head out. I make my way towards the lunch hall to grab a bite to eat. As I'm walking my scroll goes off, it's a message from Ozpin and he says to come to his office and it's urgent. "Wonder if he's got some info for me and Huy. It's been a few weeks anyway."

As I walk towards the tower I see Huy going into the base of the tower and I quicken my pace to catch up to him. "Yo Huy! You got a text from Ozpin too?"

He turns around "Yeah said it was urgent, hopefully he's got some answers for us. A lot has been on my mind man. Like I don't know if I'm crazy but the times we were in a bind I heard a woman in my head talk to me."

I freeze up as he says that, he's been hearing her too!? I gotta tell him that's been happening to me. "Sounds like a older woman Huy?" He's shocked as I know this and nods. "Yeah I've heard her since that day at the bowling alley, telling me we're brothers and we have a higher purpose. I have no idea why man but I get a bad vibe when I hear her voice. I've also seen what she looks like, looks like those fuckers we fought in the forest."

He takes all this information in as we walk into the elevator. He turns to me "We gotta tell Ozpin this man, it's no coincidence we've been hearing the same woman." I agree with him and the doors open to Ozpin's office.

"Hello boys and thank you for coming as soon as you can, you're probably wondering why I called you in. I have information regarding your situation." We nod our heads and let him continue "Those grimm humanoids you fought, they were once people, people who were taken from earth just like you. My scout tells me he found one of their hideouts behind mountain Glenn, unfortunately he couldn't stay long due to the Grimm activity there. It's almost as if they're preparing for something. In a few days I want you two to be flown out there and find some answers for yourself and me as well."

Huy speaks up "We'll take the mission sir and thanks for the info, but we also gotta tell you something as well. Me and Darnell have been hearing the same woman in our heads even the day we got kidnapped. She says we're her sons, Darnell has even seen her while he was unconscious sir."

"This is very interesting, are you sure you've been hearing the same one?" We say yes "Hmm, can you tell me what she looks like Darnell?"

"She wore all black and her skin was so pale, her skin had dark lines throughout it and her eyes were of a Grimm."

He seems panicked "Are you sure that's what she looked like Darnell? Be honest with me" I think a bit and say yes "You're situation might be worser than I thought, listen I'm going to dig deeper into this before I tell you who she is, you're better of not knowing at this point. Only a handful of people knows what happened to you two, your friends and a selected amount of people I trust know. We'll discuss more after your mission, whenever I'm ready for it to be allowed I will notify you at a moment's notice."