A Princess's Love

(FE: Camilla X Male Reader)

(Your POV)

“And done.” I said, wiping my brow. I put the last sword on it’s racket and turned to the cleaned armory. I looked out the window and saw it was still light out, it was becoming dusk, but still. I walked out the armory and headed down to the mess hall for something to eat. “Ah, and finally he comes to join us.” I laughed as I turned to see Laslow. “Yeah yeah, mock me all you want you shameless flirt.” I said.

“Mock you? I am not mocking, only stating the truth.” He said.
“Sure. Anyway, are to join me? I was going to get something to eat.”

“Alas I cannot. I’m heading into town, see if any fine maidans need company. Would you care to join me?”

“No thanks. As much as it would be to watch you fail, I rather not wait much longer to eat.”

“You sure it isn’t because you don’t want a certain lady seeing you with another?”

Of course, he has to bring HER up. Man knew how to low ball. I sighed and shook my head. “You really had to mention her?” I asked, beginning to walk again. Laslow followed me. “I am only bringing her up because why else would you turn down a chance to court maidans.” Laslow said.

“Maybe because I don’t like flirting. That maybe unlike you, I sometimes become a mess around those of the other gender?”

“Yes, but I feel like it helps. But if you feel that strongly against it, maybe I can help you in your conquest of love.”

“”Conquest of love” Somehow I feel like it’s only one sided.”

“On the contrary, I have heard from Selena that our lady Carmilla might seek another. And I am not talking about lord Corrin.” Laslow said.

I stopped in my tracks, a blush on my face. Laslow noticed and turned to me, smiling. “Really? Camilla might…” “Wish to court you? Yes. Selena is her retainer, I am sure she shares some details with her.” Laslow said, grinning. I thanked him and bolted, to find Selena.

Tis true, I was in love with Princess Camilla, I have been for a long time. She was the only reason why I was a soldier. My mom was maid in the castle where Corrin grew up, and brought me to work with her. It's one of the reasons why I know the royals personally. Camilla was the one who was closest to me though, since when Corrin wasn't around, I was her go to playmate.

It was because of that I fell in love with her, but I could never act upon it, since I was afraid that I’ll mess things up. But if what I heard is true, I guess it's all or nothing. Right?

I eventually found Selena. When she saw me running up, she smirked at me. “Something tells me Laslow pet the news slipped huh?” Selena said. “Yes. *Pant.* Now, is *pant* is this true?” I asked, panting.

“Yeah. She did say to me once or twice about a certain (HC) hair colored mercenary. Of course, you know how to truly confirm this. If you want to know where she is, check her room.” Selena said.

I nodded, thanked her and ran. My mind was racing with excitement now. Honestly, I felt like I could take on a hundred wyvern right now. However, as I neared Camilla’s room, I kinda realized something. I was hungry, sweaty now, and probably smelled. And I was going to ask a princess about love?

I stopped, and not that far from her door. I gulped and realized how bad this is now. I was about to turn and head to my room, but then-

“(FN)?” I turned around, nervously to face Camilla, who was dressed in a dark purple robe. “Princess Camilla, h-how are you this evening?” I said. “I am doing fine, but are you alright? You look like you been in a fight.” She said, worry in her voice.

“Oh? No, I was…..out for a run, yes. Just a nice run. I was just on my way back to my room to take a bath.” I said. “I just got lost, kinda.”

“A run? Well, I am glad you stumbled here. I wanted to speak with you. Do you mind coming in?” She asked, her tone changing now knowing I wasn’t in danger or something.

“You sure? I am kinda….sweaty.”

“I don’t mind (FN). I mean, it happens. Besides, what I need to tell you is more important.”

I gulped and entered her room. Camilla’s room was as lavished as I would expect, with quite a bit of purple about. I was nervous as all hell right now, and wished I wasn’t a mess right now, but I guess it’s too late. “Why don’t we have a seat.” She said, walking past me. I took the seat across from her, holding y hands in my lap.

Camilla smiled. “So, I heard an interesting rumor the other day, that someone has a little crush on me~” Camilla said.

“R-really? W-who did you hear this from?” I asked.

“Oh, that doesn’t matter. What matters is who it is~” She said.

Camilla got up and swayed her hips as she walked around the table and up to me. I gulped as she got close, real close and I was basically under her. “You like me, don't you?” She said. I nodded. “Would you say, you loved me~?” She said, and I again nodded. “The prove it~” She leaned down and kissed me. My body acted on it's own and I kissed her back, my hands moving from my lap onto thighs. Camilla giggled in the kiss and after a bit longer, let me go.

“Mmmmm, exactly how I imagine you will taste~”

“Y-You been thinking a-about this?”

“Indeed. As much as I love my family, I would rather make my own family.”

With that, Camilla took my hands and had me stand up and pushed me a bit to the bed, until I tripped and fell on the bed, Camilla crawling in top of me. I think I lost control over anything the moment I walked into her room.

(Bonus)

“So, how is my new brother doing?” Leo asked, standing behind me in his tux. I looked at him from the mirror, fixing mine. “Nervous.” I said. “I don't blame you. I am sure anyone would be nervous to be married into royalty.” He said.

“The royal part isn't the problem. I just am nervous.” I said.

“Well, someone has to be. I remember Camilla being excited every day since you proposed to her.” Leo said.

“What does that mean?” I asked.

“Nothing really. But you shouldn't be worried. As you know, everyone supports yours and Camilla’s union.” Leo said.

“I know.” I said, smiling.

The door opened and Laslow stood there. “They are about to start, you better get moving.” He said. I nodded and stood up. “(FN), your collar.” Leo pointed out. I saw it and fixed it on the way.

I walked into the altar room, and stood by the priest. Of course I was still nervous, but the support from everyone was nice. The music began and I watched as the doors opened, and Camilla walked down the aisle, with Xander being the one to hand her off. I slowed my breathing down as she stood up to the altar.

I won't lie, I was embarrassing to stand next to her in heels, since she was a good head or two higher than me, but can't really complain now about it. As the ceremony went on, I felt Camilla inch close to me. She took my hand and I wouldn't be surprised is she did this to calm me down.

“Now, present the rings.” Corrin came over and handed the rings to us. I took Camilla’s, a (FC) jem in the middle of a shield, the band made to look like swords and Camilla took mine, a purple stone wrapped in dragon wings, the band being two dragon heads kissing. We placed them in each other's ring fingers.

“You may now, kiss the bride.” I turning my head, Camilla was quick to bring our lips together into a long kiss. Everyone clapped as we let go of each other.

“I love you so much Camilla.”

“I love you more (FN)~”