Eternal Happiness

(Fire Emblem: Ninian X Male Reader)

(I got the Bride Ninian and have pretty much fallen for her. So what better way than to celebrate the new Waifu, than make a X reader?)

(Your POV)

I paced back and forth, my nerves going off the charts. Am I ready? Would this end as well as I thought? Why am I so nervous? “Gah.” I slumped down into the nearby chair and hold my head. There was a knock at the door and I heard it open. “Hey (FN) you rea- Oh wow.” I looked up to see my friend Hector. I guess I must look bad. “Jeez, you did a number on your hair. Are you nervous?” He asked, walking in.

“What do you think?” I asked, looking up at the much taller, and muscular man.

“Wow. You would storm a Bandit fortress with no problem, but THIS is what gets to you?” Hector mocked.

“I don’t give two damns what the Bandits will think but her? Well, it’s everything.” I retorted.

“And we all know how she sees you. Her knight in armor, willing to do whatever he can to see her smile.”

We looked over to the door to see Lyn standing there in her dress. She walked in and soon Eliwood too. “You know that is how she sees you. I doubt anything will change Ninian’s mind.” Lyn said, grabbing the brush from the stand and began working on my hair.

Ninian. Hearing her name makes my heart flutter. “I know. I just….” I began. “Have a series of doubts that are ridiculous and have no grounds of being true.” Hector said, before getting a elbow to the gut by Eliwood. “As Hector was saying, you don’t have to worry (FN). These are just common jitters one would get before anything bit. How did you handle them before battle?” Eliwood asked.

“I chewed on a blunt Arrowhead.” I said.

“Huh, that’s interesting actually.” Hector said.

“Well we don’t have any. You’ll just have to get over it naturally.” Lyn said, now finished with my hair.

She stood me up and everyone moved to show me how I looked. I was dressed in a blue dress shirt under a white jacket/cloak. My pants were white as well, with a blue tinted shin armor and boots. I also had on some bracers of the same color, with a small crown on my head, holding back my (HC) hair, which was combed back thanks to Lyn. I admit, I looked amazing and Hector was right. I stormed forts and help stopped the end of the world. How is this any different? But still…..

“Well, how do you feel now.” Eliwood asked, patting my back.
“Still nervous, but…..screw it. I lived a life of bad ideas and making them turn out good ones. Time to make a good decision that was great from the start….if any of that makes sense.” I said and the other let out a small laugh.

“Only in your way.” Lyn said. “Now come on.”

I let out a breath and we headed out from my room and to the altar. Several people were there, namely those who I call brothers and sisters in arms. And soon to be Step Brother Nils. I got up and stood by Lucius as we waited. After about a minute, the anthem began and I watched as the doors open and Ninian walking down the allis.

She wore a beautiful white gown that made her flowing light blue hair even more beautiful. It was tied in the back with a orange bow and her bouquet was made of flowers with the same color. Seeing her in such a gown, it honestly made and nervous feeling I had before vanish. As if now, any doubt I had left and I was filled with determination.

Ninian walked up the steps and stood before me. In the traditional fashion, I moved her vail and was surprised to see the nervous look she had. Knowing what to do, I took Ninian’s hand and she looked at me, a smile forming on her face. With this, I nodded and Lucius began.

“Dearly beloved, we gather here under the gods watchful gazes to see the union of these two.” He said, and went on. Honestly I did zone out, but because I remember the day that even brought us here.

(Flashback)

We had stopped in a town to rest for the night. I found myself walking through the town until I found a church. Letting my curiosity get the better of me, I walked up to it, only to hear someone humming and the door cracked open. I gently pushed the door open further and say Ninian standing by the alter, looking up at it and holding her hands like one would hold a bouquet. Was she humming a wedding song. Entranced, I didn’t notice I was leaning further until I fell in. Ninian stopped and spun around to see me.

“(FN)!” She said, blushing as I stumbled up. “H-hey Ninian. Um, I didn’t see anything.” I said. Ninian sighed. “You aren’t a very good at lying.” She said. “Heh….well, then mind if I ask you something?” I asked.

“Is it about why I was humming a wedding song?” She asked.
“Yeah. That is why.”

“Me and my brother stopped by a town once, and there was a wedding being held. I saw the look on the bride’s face, that look of happiness.” Ninian said. “I always wondered if may be, I would be that happy.”

I watched a tear roll down Ninian’s cheek, and I didn’t noticed that I had walked up to her, until my hand was on her cheek and I wiped the tear from her face. At this point, I had actually fallen for Ninian. She always seemed the most comfortable around me and I enjoyed her dancing, even if we were in the middle of a battle. So being this close, honestly was one of those moments of extreme fear and bravery. “Well, i-if you want. I-I c-could give you that happiness. Once this is all over..” I said, knowing I had a mad blush on my face.

Ninian looked up at me, a blush equal to mine as she looked up at me. “Y-you would do that, for me?” She asked, and I nodded. “I would.” Taking the plunge, I got to one knee. “Ninian...I love you. I love you more than I could love anyone. And I don’t care if you are human, or a dragon. What I care about is the sweet woman I see before me. So please, would you allow this simple Knight to bring you that happiness?” I said.

Ninian looked at me, her eyes wide, before tears ran down her face and she dropped down and hugged me. “Yes. I would allow it. My love.” Ninian said and I held her close.

(Flashback ends.)

“And now, the two may exchange vows.” Lucius said, I looked at her. “Ninian, since the moment I met you, I thought you were the most beautiful woman and when you accepted my love, I was overjoyed. Now knowing that our love is strong, I can well as though I will take on anything that the world throws at us. I promise that with every breath, I will make you smile. With every promise, a unbreakable chain will keep me to it. With every word, a never ending vow of love to you.” I said, getting a few awwwws from the crowd.

“(FN), I had always hope that I would be this happy. While it was a dream, thanks to you, it is a reality. I promise to always care for you, to treat you with the kindness you treat me with. I only hope that I can truly be the bride you think I am.” Ninian said and I put my forehead against hers. “You already are.” I whispered. “Now, may we have the rings?” Nils came up and presented them. We each took one, and placing the golden bands on each other’s fingers.

“Then the power vested to me by the gods, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” And with that, we kissed. A nice, long loving kiss as everyone around us cheered.

(Welp, this has been my sap fest. I had fun.)