Double Sided

(Yu-Gi-Oh: Alexis Rodes X Male Reader)

(So this a request from @Brave_Vesperia. So this is the first ever Yu-Gi-Oh X reader I have done, and I am excited to try out more in the future. Now, I never played the card game myself, and I only know stuff from the first 5 seasons of the OG anime, so if I get anything wrong, that’s all I got to say. Also the deck you will use has almost Zero cards from the card game, instead it’s one of my own Magic Decks I just turned into a Yu-Gi-Oh for this One Shot, as well as made a few extra cards. So let us begin and I hope you all enjoy!)

(Your POV)

I had a blush on my face I as watched the one girl who captured. Alexis Rhodes. She was one of the few people to befriend me when I transferred the Duel Academy. See, I had a rather rugged look to me. Messy (HC) hair, my normal clothing reminded people of a delinquent as well as the cut on my cheek. If only people knew the big nerd I really was but a few actually did. Course Alexis is one of them.

(Flashback)

“Jeez, look at him.” One girl said. “How can someone looking like him can get in?” Another guy said. Things like this made me question why even tried to become a Duelist. But at the same time why should I think about what they say? I bet if I win some tournament, they will regret what they said. I headed outside and found a place to start working on my deck. As I began, the wind picked up a bit and a card flew out of my hand. “No!” I said and chased after the card.

It fell to the ground and someone picked it up. “What’s this?” A girl bent down and picked up the card. Stopping right before her, a the blonde girl stood up and looked at me with enchanting brown eyes. She smiled and handed me the card. “Is this yours?” She asked and I nodded, being silent and took my card back.

“You are the new guy right?” She asked.

“Y-Yeah. Guess I heard about me already huh?” I said, lowering my head a bit.

“Well, I heard that he was gruff and possibly mean. But I am having a hard time believing it’s you.” She said and smiled holding out her hand. “My name is Alexis.”

Hesitantly I shook her hand. “(FN).” I stutter a bit.

Alexis giggles. “You don’t need to be shy. Here, why don’t you join me and my friends.” She said and took my hand, pulling me over towards her friends. I had a large blush on my face as I followed her.

(Flashback ends)

She was the first person to befriend me, and since then people have been a bit nicer, but than of course I was challange cause my deck got widly known for being suprisingly powerful. But either way, I was feeling more accepted, and it’s all thanks to Alexis. It was soon after I developed a crush on her and I wanted to be with her. And today, I was going to ask her out. The bell rang and everyone got up quickly and grabbed their stuff. I stood up and quickly made my way through everyone.

I got down to the bottom on the room and jogged over towards her. “Hey, Alexis wait.” I said. She stopped and looked at me, though the look she gave was much like mine the first day we met, blush and all. “Oh, (FN), hey. I was actually wanting to talk with you...um, want to head outside?” She asked. I nodded and followed her outside. When I walked past her friends as they gave me a thumbs up. I raised an eyebrow but kept following her.

We arrived outside and once away from many others, we just looked at one another. “Um...so, you wanted to talk?” Alexis asked. “Yeah, I do. Sorry. Here, why don’t you start with your thing?” I said. “No no, you can.” She said.