The Black Knight Prt 2

(Akame GA Kill: Esdeath X Male Reader)

(Here is part two. Enjoy ladies and gents. And whatever else reads my stuff. Do any cats read my stuff?)

(Your POV)

A month passed since me return to the Capital. Since being assign to the task of eliminating Night Raid and being partnered with Esdeath and her Jaegers, things have picked up. Namely the amount of Rebel bases, and a few danger beasts getting uneasy and starting to wonder close to the capital. Of course, it was small things. Nothing to really worry about. But I did wonder is Night Raid was planning something. There was word that mine and Esdeath’s old mentor, Najenda, was spotted close to the Capital.

This raised questions from me, ones that I voiced to Esdeath. But yet given how well Najenda has hidden herself from us, this may have been our only chance to eliminate her. Trap or no trap. So, we had to act upon this now.

My Fangs and I were sent on ahead in secret to make sure we were hot on Najenda’s trail, but also if this was any signs of ambush, well two groups are better than one. We arrived at a small town which was close to where she was last spotted. I sent Jaffar ahead to scout the area, since his Tegu not only was rather vicious, but also concealed him when need be. The Deathly Daggers: Silence and Death. He was to only look around for points of ambush Night Raid could use, or we could use.

Nino and Linus went out to buy ingredients for dinner, since it would be a day before Esdeath and her Jaegers would meet up with us. This just left me and Lloyd in the small apartment that we were renting for the day. I stood by a table, looking over a map of the area. My helmet rested on the table as well, with my Tegu, The Lunar Blade: Alondite nearby as well. I finally opened up to my Fangs, and now they know least what I look like and my name.

Lloyd sat next to the table, sharpening his sword. The Regal Blade: Vedtuz. As I looked over the map, Lloyd spoke up. “General, something has crossed my mind once or twice. You served under Najenda, correct?” Lloyd asked. I looked over at him. “Yes, I did serve under Najenda as her Lieutenant.” I answered.

“They say she defected to the Revolution with her army because she learned about the corruption of the Empire. I want to know is how come you aren’t with her? I mean, I know you clearly think little of the Revolution, and since you hate those who are in charge at the moment. It makes me wonder why you really didn’t join Najenda?” Lloyd asked.

I sighed, my gaze drifting to my helmet. I picked it up and stared into the eye slits. “My own home was torn by war. When I was born, a revaluation was underway. It’s honestly much similar to the one happening here. Greedy nobles taking the wealth for themselves, while the poor suffered. I was born to such a family, but at the time I was also born as a half blood, which in my country is seen as being lower than a rat. So I was removed from my own home and shortly after witnessed it being burned by rebels. It wasn't long before I found my way here, by then I had already acquired Alondite and I put on my Black Knight named, since I was dressed in some light black armor. It was also that day I met Esdeath, and Najenda. Najenda saw my potential and took me under her wing. She trained me in not only in the blade, but in tactics. She may have done her job to well.”

“Anyway, after years of serving under her, it was then that the truth of the Capital came to light. Najenda had planned for a bit defect to the Revolution. She took her army to a rebel base, and gave a speech about why she was doing this, and her men listened. But I didn’t. I saw a woman who I looked up at, respected, and only to see her turn traitor was different. Mind you, I didn’t agree with the Capital’s way, but I didn’t see burning down the old monarch and building a new one as the way to fix our problems. I saw it as my new home about to burn like my old one, and I couldn’t let that happen. That is why I didn’t join Najenda.”