The Road Warrior

(This is a Request made by LoneTimeLordSaiyan99 Guess it was about time I do it. Or one of them. Also no, don’t go asking for Requests. Just thought I say it here.)

(Third Person)

The Ballet of Bullets, one of the most anticipated events that come every year. Here, players of GGO can test their skill against one another in a Battleground style free for all, where one will remain on top. This would be a big challenge, but one people were willing to take up. In particular last year's winners, Sinon and Kirito. Though, they didn’t have some murder happy dou to contend with. Of course, they knew they would be prime targets for other players.

As Kirito and Sinon waited for the game to begin, they overheard a few players talk and among these a name kept popping up. The Road Warrior. “Road Warrior?” Sinon asked. When she said that, a guy in the booth next to them looked over. “Yeah. There’s been this guy making talk. They call him the Road Warrior since he is always driving around in this tricked out V8 Interceptor. I don’t know if they will allow his car in the Ballet, but I hope so.” The guy said.

“Why? It just means we will have a problem taking him out!” HIs friend said and the two had their own talk. “That is weird. Someone who specializes in cars in a game with Guns? That’s basically walking around with a Red Barrel.” Kirito said.

“True, but there is armor plating and stuff. So he could have a Tank with just wheels.” Sinon said. That was when there was a crowd gathering. Soon, both say a man walk by. He had on a leather jacket, pants and boots. His left arm was exposed, but the forearm and shoulder were covered in armor, as well as other points. He had on also Sunglasses as well, and the others looked at him. “So that’s the Road Warrior huh?” Kirito said. He took a seat and everyone went back to what they were doing. Sinon kept a eye at the Road Warrior as he tilted down his glasses and winks at her. Sinon blushed and looked away.

(Later)

It wasn’t long after that the Ballet began. Players left and right scrambled to make teams, all the while many solo players hunter down the stragglers and took them out. It was a chaotic event for sure, leaving many K.O. in the first few minutes. Of course, one of these Solo hunters was the Road Warrior.

(Your POV)

I was pretty lucky to find this beauty in the city zone. It wasn’t like the one I had, but it worked well enough and I was able to get some extra armor on it. I drove down a lone road, my thoughts traveling to Sinon. Can’t believe last year’s winners are here, though I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Best Swordsman and Best sniper working together was what got me. I mean, how can you prepare for that combo. Luckily, I know how.

As I drove down the rode, that was when I spotted a small fire zone ahead. Seems like a fight was going on. I was about to turn around, but an explosion behind me stopped me. “Check it out! It’s the Road Warrior! Let’s take him out!” Someone shouted. I took out my Assault Rifle and opened the door, only for it to be riddled with bullets in a second.

It didn’t stop me as I rolled out of the car and over to a down tree. The players ran over to the car, or least most. I grinned and took out a trigger. Some people are good with rifles, some with pistols. Me? Traps. I clicked the trigger as a explosion went off, taking out a handful right then. That distracted the players as I stood up and unloaded at them, taking out the rest before they could react. I smirked as I reloaded my gun, only to head a click.

I turned around and saw a player, a girl with this wide grin. “Heh, I am going to K.O the Road Warrior.” She said and I chuckled and she heard a click. “Not happening sweetheart.” A blast from my double barrel sawed-off sent her flying and was a instant K.O. Many people complain about the Sawed-Off being useless. But a instant kill at close range is well worth it.

I reloaded the gun and began walking off. I better get a hoof on it, since the zones will be getting shorter soon and that was the only ride I could find. Man, I love being me in GGO. Real life I was sort of your average nerd. Living in my own place with a dog named Blue, going to school and stuff. But in GGO, I am the Road Warrior. A Survivor, a Master of Firearms and Traps. I have a awesome in game car, and a sweet place.

And soon, a title under my belt.

I arrived in a waste zone as the ring got smaller. I have yet to see Kirito or Sinon, meaning they are here. Could be somewhere else, but I not knowing gets me nervous. I walked through the sand, stopping behind pieces of rubble to rest for a moment. I sat under a large rock cliff as I looked at the map, figuring out where I would go. It wasn’t long until I saw a few pips on the map. I looked at a pair. “Found you.” I said as I took out my rifle and went to hide somewhere else and set up a few traps.

It wasn’t long before I found them, running in the sands as I knelt down and waited. There were six people left. Three here, and three somewhere else. Odds are once it begins,they will show up, so be ready for that. I watched them cross into the center and pulled out my trigger, clicking the trigger and watch a few explosions go off. Not to knock them out, but to confuse them.

Like I figured, the pair looked around, taking cover where they can as I took out my rifle and took potshots. I figured they would have eye enough Perception, but it kept them movie and further apart. As I went to reload, I saw a bullet whizz by and turned around to see the three that I figured would show up. I ducked behind some rubble as they kept up fire.

I turned around and open fired at them, nailing a pair of them while I the third one fired, hitting my rifle. That was when I jumped out from behind my cover and drew out my shotgun. Dodging his gun shots, I got close and put the barrel against his chest and in one pull of the triggers, put him out. Now for two more.

I reloaded my gun, as well as I got ready my last resort. Walking back to there they are, I looked over the edge. “Where did they go?” I asked. But before long my question was answered when a Barrel was poked against my head. I turned around and saw the duo behind me. I chuckled. “Dang, so close.” I said. Kirito chuckled while Sinon shook her head. “I mean, he’s not wrong.” Kirito said. “Well, it was a nice plan (FN).” Sinon said. Yeah, I already knew Sinon, or Shino. We never really met in game, but I knew that face anywhere, even without

“Well, I guess there is no other option then to do this.” My trigger popped up and I held it. “You wouldn’t dare!” Sinon said and Kirito sighed. “Not again.” He said as I hit the trigger. The explosion taking over us.

(One week later)

I sat at a park, Blue off playing with a few others dogs. Been about a week since I, Shino and Kirito were crowned this year's BOG winners. Yup, all three of us since I blew us all up. But I don’t mind too much, cause I still won in the end. And I got to finally meet Shino in the game, though I felt kinda dumb. Sinon, Shino, I facepalm at my stupidity.

But enough about that. I smiled as I watched Blue chase after a butterfly, before running up to me. I pet him as I stood up and put the leash on him. “Come on buddy, we got a date with someone remember?” I said and he barked. Just a few days ago I finally asked Shino out and was surprised when she said yes, but I had the feeling she would deep down. EIther way, I was excited.

I walked towards our meeting spot, where Shino was standing beside a building. I let go of Blue’s leash as he ran over. Shino heard him bark and giggled as she knelt down to pet him as he licked her cheek and rubbed against her. Blue is a big ol’ love ball. I walked over as she stood up and kissed her cheek, her none licked one. Shino blushed, but took my arm as I took Blue’s leash and went on our Date.