A Flair for Love

(Fire Emblem Fates: Ophelia X Male Reader)

(Talked with a friend about this lovely lady, and welp, here we are. Anyway, enjoy.)

(Your POV)

“Come on (FN), just go up to her and confess!” I mentally scream to myself. I stood around the woods, just pacing and soon stopping. I had a crush, a huge one, on a certain Blonde Dark Mage. Ophelia. I was basically in love with her, she was adorable with the way she talked, a a powerful spell caster, and not to mention her looks. She could rival a goddess with them. I sighed as I thought about her. I really wanted to tell Ophelia I loved her, but I admit I was just afraid.

It’s not that I don’t think I am good enough for her, I admit I was a step above the others due to my mother’s blood, but that was also it. I was a bit like my mother, shy, and often avoiding interacting with people unless I was friends with them, or they were family. But this honestly put that into overdrive.

I looked up at the sky and let out a scream. Or battle cry? Either way I yelled and heard as the birds around me scattered. “Wow, you sure know how to yell.” I jumped and spun around to see Soleil standing there, hands on her hips as she looked at me. “Fawning over Ophelia again?” She asked and I nodded. “Jeez, just tell her already! Not like she’s going to throw a lightning bolt at you or anything.” Soleil said with a giggled. “That’s what you think, but what if she says no? I doubt I can handle that.” I said.

“Wow, Sophie was right. You are a lot like your mom.” Soleil said.
“Not helping.” I said.
“Then let me do something that can help!” Soleil said.

“And what’s that?”

“Not saying? Just know that it will make everyone happy. Especially you~”

WIth that Soleil ran off and I was about to say something, but she was gone. Great, I made the problem worse by letting her get involved. Then again, she always was. I sighed once more and decided to leave the woods. Maybe my mom can help me.

(Later)

I found my mom where I knew she would be, the Fort’s Gardens. I walked over, making sure not to step on any plants as she stood up from looking at a pair of flowers. My mother, Sakura, looked up at me and got a smile as she stood up, but seeing my face more, she realized something was amiss. “(FN), is everything alright?” She asked. I shifted in place for a moment. “Well...Mother, how….h-how do you tell someone that you love them?” I managed out. My mom put her hands over her mouth, a small gasp coming out. “(FN) you….Who?” She asked.

“Ophelia.” I said.

“Elise’s Daughter? Really?” She asked once more and I nodded.

“Yeah, since we been paired so much on the battlefield I….well I guess I fell for her. I am just afraid I can ruin things between us.” I said.

“I had the same problem with your father, though in a different way. The point is I know how this feels.” Mom said. “But if you want to know how to tell her, then maybe….well all I can say is do it in a way that makes you feel comfortable.”

“Comfortable?”

“Yes. Like, when do you feel the most confident?”

“I guess when I am on the battlefield, standing beside everyone. I can’t explain it, but it’s like everything that held me back isn’t there…” I described the feeling.

“I don’t think fighting is a good way to confess (FN).”

“Yeah….but, with Ophelia….”

My eyes widen at an idea. I quickly hugged my mom. “Thanks mom!” I said and ran off. I ran for a good bit, trying to find Soleil. I managed to find her and before she could greet me once more, I grabbed her shoulders. “I need your help!” I said, breathing heavily. Soleil grinned. “You have my attention.”

(Ophelia’s POV)

“Where is he?” I walked around, trying to find (FN). I have fallen for the Hoshidain prince, his elegant moments on the battlefield, his adorable pink hair and the way he blushes whenever people talk with him. I am surprised no one else is as Smitten with him. Unless…. NO! Don’t think like that, there is no way anyone could take him from me! I know (FN) loves me, I have seen the way her look at me, how much he blushes. It is something I have noticed, and maybe is why he is hiding, maybe he is waiting for the right moment to confess?

“Ophelia!” I jumped when I heard Soleil call my name, walking over. I looked over towards her. “(FN) wants to talk with you.” She said. “Really?! Where is the shy prince?” I asked. “In the woods, just follow this.” Soleil handed me a small map. I took it and was off. (FN) my love, your valiant sorceress is coming!

I arrived at the location, and I was surprised on what I saw. Several swords, spears, and axes lay about, either in the ground of resting, much like a battlefield. Standing there was (FN), his sword drawn looking like the powerful warrior I know him as. “Ophelia.” He said and looked at me. I saw the look in his eyes and I knew it well. “I….” He cleared his throat. “I have fallen for you, oh Maiden of Darkness. Your puts many to shame, your beauty able to rival gods.” He said and took a few steps closer, his sword still in hand. “To say I was in love with you would almost be a major disloyalty. For I idolize you, almost worshiping you! I simply wish to only walk beside you, in this life, and the next.” When he finished, I cupped my hands over my mouth.

(Your POV)

I stood then, my sword in hand as Ophelia looked at me, hands over her mouth. I couldn’t tell if she was either happy or not. “O-Ophelia?” I said and put my sword down. I practiced almost all night with Soleil about that monologue, something I knew she would like. Before I could say anything, Ophelia ran over to me hugged me.

“That was, the most passionate thing I have ever heard! Every word you said was full of love, yet a determination I say and was amazed by. All I can say is my love for you is equal, if not stronger!” She said and looked up at me. My arms were around her as we looked at one another. “I wish for nothing more than to have you by my side, my shy prince.” Ophelia. I got a huge smile as my hold on her tighten slightly. “Then I will by, my Dark Princess~” I said as my forehead was against he.

After a moment, we looked at one another, our eyes locked before our lips connected. The kiss was sweet, sweeter than anything I have ever tasted. We were entwined with one another as our tongues got involved with the kiss. After another minute, we broke apart. Ophelia put her head against my chest. “I love you my prince~” Ophelia said. “I love you too my princess~” I said.

“So this is where the missing weapons are.” We turned around and saw Jackob, with a very nervous Soleil behind him. “Sorry guys, he just...he’s scary.” She said. “You two are in serious trouble.” Jackob said.

“Um…” I began but Ophelia held out her arms. “Nay fair Butler! For our new love for one another will help us escape!” Ophelia shouted as she withdrew from, somewhere, a smoke bomb and threw it done. “Now run quickly!” Ophelia said as she took my hand we ran, Soleil following us as we made a grand escape. I doubt there will be a duel moment in this relationship.