Years of Waiting

(Kuroko No Basuke: Satsuki Momoi X Male Reader)

(So this was an idea given by @Raikiri49 and after reading her wiki, let’s do it. So know I know very little about Kuroko no Basuke other then it’s about basketball. But there won’t be any basket talk here...or much. Anyway, enjoy boys, girls, and other such beings of life.)

(Years ago)

“I wish you didn’t have to move.” Satsuki said. Sitting across from her was her best friend in the whole world, (FN) (LN). The two kids were inseparable, either (FN) was at Satsuki’s house and vice versa. But they say all good things come to a end. (FN) sighed. “Yeah, I wish I didn’t have to. But dad said it’s some deal or something and he can’t pass it.” (FN) said. “It’s not fair.” Satsuki pouted with (FN) at first, before she blushed. “Well, if you are going, then um….can I tell you something before you leave?” Satsuki asked.

“Sure, but first I want to give you something.” (FN) dug into his pocket and pulled out a card. It was a Yu-Gi-Oh card (Been on a binge, might as well. Don’t question me), a game (FN) played a lot, he tried getting Satsuki into it, but she wasn’t too into it. But she did enjoy watching (FN) play. “Here, I want you to have this!” He said.

Satsuki looked at it confused but looked at the card. “Blue Eyes White Dragon?” Satsuki read.

“It’s my favorite card, but I wanted you to have it. So you won’t forget me!” (FN) said.

Satsuki giggled and hugged me. “I’ll never forget you.” Satsuki said, before kissing his cheek, turning (FN) red.

Satsuki was about to say her thing, but than (FN)’s name was being called. (FN) sighed and stood up. “I have to go now Satsuki, but I will be back someday!” (FN) said as he flashed a peace sign and ran off. Satsuki stood up and she had a small tear in her eye, since she couldn’t say the one thing she wanted to say.

“I love you.”

(Years later, Satsuki’s POV)

I sighed and looked at the card. It was a bit worn around the edges, but that was due to me cuddling it most nights when I was younger. I admit, I did wonder if he remembered me, but I have this feeling he does, and that he does often. “I love you.” I said softly. I wish I could say it to him, to his face.

“Satsuki?” I jumped and fumbled with the card before putting it in my shirt pocket. “D-Dai-Chan!” I said as Daiki stood in the doorway of our classroom. I guess I forgot I was in class. Daiki walked over and took his seat next to me. “You thinking about (FN) again?” He asked. I blushed, but nodded and he chuckled. “Guess I shouldn’t be surprised. You were head over heels for him, or, you still are.” He said.

“But I don’t blame you. From what I remember you telling me, he sounded cool.” He said. I didn’t say anything and Daiki just rolled his eyes, so he changed the subject. “Hey, you heard we are getting a new student?” He said.

“We are?”

“Yeah, transfer.”

A part of me hoped it was (FN), but what are the odds? “Alright students, settled down.” The teacher walked in and set his bag down. “We have a new student today, so why don’t you come in.” With that, the door opened and he walked in. He had (HC) hair, and (EC) eyes hidden behind glasses, but what he said made my heart skipped many beats. “Hello, my name is (FN) (LN) and I hope we can all get along well.” He said and bowed. It is (FN)!! My (FN))!!

When he stood up straight, and looked at everyone, his eyes met mine and I can tell he recognize me. “Anyway, there is a set in the back.” The teacher said and (FN) nodded. He walked past me towards his seat and I felt his hand gently graze mine as it went by and my heart stopped there and then for a moment.