My Valentine Trap

(Fate: Astolfo X Male Reader)

(Yup, this is your Valentine’s day special. Enjoy!)

(Your POV)

I groaned as I laid on the couch. “Is everything alright master?” I moved my head and looked up at my servant as she, or should I more say, he, looked at me. Astolfo is indeed a boy, despite the long pink hair, outfits, and feminine tone of voice. But not many will ever know. Lucky I know.

“It’s that time of year. All the lovey dovey couples coming out, all dolled up for some dumb holiday that only exists for  money’s sake.” I ranted. Astolfo blinked, his eyes in surprise. I sighed. “Valentine’s day.”  

“Valentine’s Day? What exactly is that?” He asked.

“It’s a day where couples say I love you, but cheap cards and stuff. Basically the most hellish day if your single.” I said.

“Awww, come one. That sounds really sweet, it can’t be that bad.”

“Only if you have someone.”

“Well if you are so sad about that, then go get a girlfriend.”

“Pfft, and have her crush my heart in the end. No thanks.”

“Something tells me you didn’t have a happy relationship.”

“Oh, I did. But you know, all she wanted was the money. So now this day is ruined for me forever.”

“Well that’s no good. I don’t like seeing my master so sad.” Astolfo walked around the couch and put his hands on his hips. “I am going to take you out on a date Valentines day.” He said. I sat up and looked at him. “What?”

“You heard me. A date. You and me. Maybe then your sour outlook on a day like this will be over. I swear it to you master.” Astolfo said. I sighed and shook my head. I could say no, I really could, but I didn’t want to be honest. Maybe a date could help, if only a fake one. “Alright Astolfo, I agree. Take me out on a date.” I said. Astolfo cheered. “Alright, be ready by eleven on Valentine’s when I pick you up!” He said and ran off.

“We live in the same house!” I yelled.

(Valentine’s Day)

The day rolled around and I got dressed in a long sleeve (FC) shirt, light gray hoodie, blue jeans, and shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror. The more I thought on it, the more I felt kinda excited for it. I mean, it’s not like this is a real date date, but it wouldn’t hurt to treat it like one. At eleven, a knock came at my bedroom door. I opened it to find Astolfo standing their, in a rather cute outfit. Sometimes I do really have to remind myself that this is a guy….a really cute guy. Wait.

“Ready to go?” He asked.

“Yeah, ready.” I said.

I closed the door to my room and once we were outside, Astolfo took my arm and we began walking. I admit, I was kinda nervous. I mean, on the outside, it looked like nothing more but another cute couple, but knowing who I was with, it kinda made it, weird? No, to harsh. “You hungry (FN)?” Astolfo said. It took me a second to register. “Huh? Oh, yeah, I guess I could have something small.” I said.

“Great, cause I looked up a couple of places for us to go. So just let me lead you to happiness.” Astolfo said and yanked my to wherever the Rider planned. I heard a few people make comments and ‘daww’ at us. Astolfo lead me until we were in front of a cafe. It was all done up for Valentine’s, with the hearts, flowers and whole nine yards.

“Come on (FN).” Astolfo said. By instinct, I opened the door and waved. “Ladies first.” I said. Astolfo smiled and giggled. “Such a gentleman.” I seen him smile a ton of times, but this time felt, different. I followed him in and we looked at the menu. “Welcome, today only, couple’s half off. I assume that would be you two?” A woman behind the counter said.

Astolfo wrapped his arms around mine and smiled. “Yup!” He said.

“Awww, you two look so cute together. So, what can I get you?” She asked.

I wasn’t surprised he ordered the two of the most fancy sounding thing on the menu. As well as a drink that sound a equally fancy. The clerk told us to find a table, which was conveniently  next to the window. I pulled out Astolfo’s chair and he thanked me.

“You know (FN), you are taking this better than I thought.” Astolfo said.
“I guess I can’t help myself. I mean, I might as well enjoy it. Not like we get that many outings like this.” I said.

“True, but I would have expected you to least comment on how weird this is.”

“I think we both know how weird it is. But then again, isn’t that how life is? One big weird thing after another?”

“I guess. But whatever. Today is a day of love and happiness, so let’s enjoy!” He threw his arms up.

I laughed a little. Hard to think this was a spirit of a warrior bound to help me win a war. He was just so….innocent. I sighed as he looked out the window. “You know, I probably shouldn’t ask, but did this woman do to you?” Astolfo asked. I gulped and looked out the window. “Well, I guess I should be clear, it wasn’t what she did, more I did.” I said.

“See, when we were together, I didn’t really feel in love. I mean, I loved her, but it didn’t feel true I guess. I started to, distance us a little. I guess I am blaming her, cause I don’t want to accept it was me. Sound pathetic when I say it.” I said.

“Kinda, but you least you realized before something bad could happen.” He said.

“Well, maybe. I mean, I did catch he making out with another guy. I was pretty steamed too.”

“I would be too. Anyone hurt my man like that, I’ll hurt them.”

“Your man?”

Astolfo blushed. “S-sorry, got into character there. Heh heh.”

I shook my head. “It’s fine.”

Our food came and he clapped his hands. “Alright, let’s dig in.” He said and we did. Dang, this was really good. As we ate, I noticed Astolfo taking glances. I caught one and we both. I saw a small bit of frosting on his cheek. “Hang on.” I took a napkin and wiped his cheek. “You had something on your cheek.”

“Thanks.” He said. “Excuse me?” We looked to see a man with a camera. “Picture?” He asked.

“Sure.” I said. Astolfo and I got close and he took the picture. I paid him and looked at it. “Let me see.” Astolfo said and looked too. “Heh, we look really cute together.” He said. We did actually. After that and finishing, Astolfo lead me towards our next activite.

As the day went on, with us window shopping, trying our luck at claw machines and stuff, I can’t help but admit how right this felt. Seeing Astolfo smile at like this was, heart warming. He did all this planning ahead of time, all for me.

Eventually time caught up and the sun began to set. I was walking with Astolfo in a park, now holding hands. Never knew how soft he felt. We stopped at a bench and sat down. I looked up at the sky. “Hay (FN).” I looked at Astolfo. “Even though this was just a, I guess fake date, I had a really great time.” He said, a small blush on his face. I let out a small sigh. “To be honest Astolfo, I did to. A lot more than I thought, but I guessed you figured that. Which is why….I wouldn’t mind if we did it again.”

He looked at me with surprise. We were both blushing at this point. “So then, I guess….this was a real date?” Astolfo said.

“If it is, then there's one way I want to end it.”

I began to lean towards him. Astolfo blushed harder, but soon began to lean in too. When our lips met, it felt, amazing. I cannot lie, being with Astolfo felt nice. When we seperated. “I love you Astolfo.” I said.

He got a the biggest smile and his eyes teared up. “I love you too!” He said, grabbing me in a hug. I smiled and hugged him back. I have the feeling this will be a great relationship.