The Traitor and The Vanguard

(Fate/Grand Order: Mordred x Male Reader)

(So, I have yet to do a Fire Emblem Crossover with Fate. Let’s change that!)

(Third Person)

History tells of many Heroes. Those who forged their fame through their way of life, whether by being a Noble Ruler, to a Ruthless Tyrant. For bring in a new age of Technology, or destroying an Important Figure. These Heroes all are remembered for their great achievements, and thus are remembered by the Throne of Heroes. However, a Hero can go unnamed for centuries, only for them to be summoned from the Throne by Master.

One of these Hero’s is Sir (FN), a Knight who served in Morderd’s Vanguard. He was right hand to the Traitor Knight and when she did turn on King Artoria, (FN) when with Morderd. Though history may not remember this Vanguard’s place by Mordred’s side, his tale would come to a close soon.

(Chaldea)

Ritsuka entered the room, ready to summon a new servant. She wasn’t sure what would come out, since she got a new item that no one was really sure what it was for. It was a headband, the ends having golden triangles. So, setting everything up. Ritsuka began resisting the chant. The usual light began to shine as appearing was the new hero. He was man, about 6’3. He had on the headband, a cape with a similar design. On one arm was armored, his torso and shins all with a brilliant blue. White pants, brown boots, and one arm exposed. He hand in his hand a sword, holding it by the pommel as he stood there. “I am (FN), Vanguard Classed Servant. As long as your heart is true and your cause is just, I will be by your side.” (FN) said as he kneeled before Ritsuka.

“Well, I am Ritsuka Fujimaru. And welcome to Chaldea.” Ritsuka said and the Vanguard stood up. “So, what are my orders?” (FN) said and Ritsuka smiled, as this wasn’t the first servant to ask for orders. “Well, I say you should go and meet the others.” Ritsuka said. (FN) raised an eyebrow. “Others?”

(Your POV)

Master explained to me what was going on. Turned out,  was the newest member of this Security Force. As was the case, I took her orders and meet these new servants. The first was named Mash, a Shielder class. “I never heard of a Vanguard Before. Is it like mine?” She asked as we walked down the halls.

“In a way. As far as I am aware, I am the only Vanguard to be made.” I said. “But as for our earlier question, yes. My main place is by my Master’s side, protecting them from any harm. And from what I have gathered, I may be stronger than most classes.”

“Really?! That is surprising to think of.” Mash said.

“Yes. But it doesn’t matter I guess, since I won’t be fighting other servants. Unless they wish harm upon our master.”

We entered what Mash said was the living area. I saw many servants, conversing among one another. I remember a few of them from a Holy Grail War many years ago. I wonder if they remember me. “Well guess I will leave you to it!” Mash said and left me. I walked in and a few looked up at me. “Ah I see we have a new face among us.” A blue haired man said. I admit, this was strange, seeing all these servants gathered heard. But as I was about to speak, I heard a familiar voice. “I see you have finally arrived.”

The air became heavy as I turned around. Before me stood my former kind, Artoria Pendragon. I remember the last words I ever spoke to her.

(Flashback)

I stood before Artoria and her knights. Mordred had just left, and I came to her for answers. Artora told me what Mordred revealed and in anger, she stole a sword form Artoria’s army and fled. “Mordred revealed to me she was my son, and that she was to become King. But I denied her that right. For she is not my true son.” Artoria said asi I clenched my fist. “And who is? The time I have served you, I have yet to see this son. Mordred has any right as the to become King. I believe she can lead on your legacy!” I said.

Artoria scoffed. “You speak as if you have a say in this matter.” My rage calmed a bit as I turned my back to her. “I may not have a say in who becomes King, but my blade does.” I said and began walking towards the doors. Artoria spoke up. “If you walk through those doors, you will be branded a traitor to the crown!” I stopped, one step away from the door. Without even looking back, I pushed open the door.

“Not when My Lord becomes King.”

(Present)

I looked at Artoria. Any hate I had towards her was gone, so I cannot imagine what the Saber thought of me. “Artoria.” I said and that was when Gawain spoke up. “You dare say the King’s name so calmly traitor?” He spoke and I closed my eyes. “I know the last time we spoke, I had anger in my heart and hate in my eyes. I admit my judgment was clouded. But that is no longer the case, neither should be the grudge between us.” I opened my eyes, and held out my hand.

“I am no longer (FN), the warrior who Followed Mordred the Traitor. I am now (FN), Vanguard Class servant, willing to follow my master….our, master.” I said truthfully. Artoria looked at me for a moment, before taking my hand in a firm handshake. I had a small smile as the air in the room returned to normal.

“Well, I say this was exciting.” Merlan said. “Now that everyone is no longer at one another’s throats, I say we fully welcome our new comrade in arms.” With that, I was introduced to many of the servants. As I talked with a few, I noticed something. “Was Mordred no summoned?” I asked. “She was.” A servant named Astolfo said. “She is just out on a mission for Master.”

“I see.” I said as I sat on what was called a couch. It’s oddly comfortable. “Why? You were wanting to see her first?” Astolfo asked. I nodded. “Yes….I just, have something I wish to say to Mordred. Something I wished to confess all those years ago.” I saw the rather gender confusion servant eyes light up. “Oh! I think I know what you want to say~” He sang and I blushed a bit. “If you dare-” I began but he held his hands up. “Hey, no need to get feisty! I am just saying. I think it’s kinda sweet.” He said.

“Good.” I stood up. I decided to explore the rest of this place. I passed by several other servants in the halls as I stopped before a window and saw where exactly we were. “(FN).” I looked from it to see Artoria standing beside me. “I overheard your conversation with Astolfo. I take it you have underlying feelings for Mordred.” She said and I nodded. “I do.” The Saber smiled. “I had the feeling that was your reasoning for joining her. I was young at the time, but I wasn’t too foolish.” She said.

I looked at Artoria. “My king...I wish to ask-” “Yes.” She said before I could get it out. “I may not see Mordred as my true son, but yet I feel somewhere her happiness matters. If I remember correctly, the times I saw you two together, she always smiled. As long as you keep bringing her that level of happiness, then I see no reason for you to ask for her hand.” With that, Artoria left and I stood there.

I smiled crossed my face. Now, let us hope she returns soon. “Telling you, that was too easy!” My body jolted as I heard her voice. I sprinted down the halls to find her, and I did. She walking beside another, dressed in what seemed to be modern dress. “Mordred!” I said. She stopped and turned around, her eyes widening upon seeing me. I was surprised when tears began to fall as she ran towards me and grabbed me in a hug. “It’s about time you showed up!” She shouted as she buried her face into my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her. “I had to be summoned first.” I said. “But I am here now, my lord.” I said as Mordred looks up at me. Then disregarding my what I could has said, Mordred locked her lips with mine in a hard kiss. I was taken back by it as she let go. “Listen, I am sure you have some fancy speech, but forget it. I love you, alright?” Mordred said and I nodded.

“Yes….I love you too, Mordred.” I said and she smiled, before bashing our lips together once more.