Slayer's Rise

(Yu-Gi-Oh GX: Alexis Rhodes X Male Reader)

(So this is a part two to Double Sided. Now I did change your deck in this one, but I gave a reason for it. I mean, no one has just one deck right? Enjoy!)

(Your POV)

I sat in my dorm room, looking at my Werewolf deck with a happy smile on my deck. Ever since my duel with Alexis and well hook up, people been climbing left and right to challenge it. Honestly I was afraid this would happen, so I knew I had to make a new deck and hope that this one wouldn’t make me target number one, but then again for all I know this could still have people wanting to face me. Then again, I atleast get to try something new, I did have this deck for a long time now.

“Thank you friends.” I said and put the deck into its box, before putting it said box away. “Maybe one day I will need you all again.” I said. “I should probably make a trip tomorrow.” I said, luckily it was the weekend so it wouldn’t be too out of the way. That was when I got another idea and picked up my phone.

“Hey, I was going to town tomorrow. Going to buy some cards and make a new Duel Deck. You want to tag along?” I texted Alexis. I figured if I am going out, might as well invite my girlfriend along right? “Sure, I would love to.” She said and then I texted her when to meet me. Letting out a happy sigh, I layed on my bed and got excited at the idea of having a new deck.

(The next day)

I stood beside the train that would take us towards the city. “(FN).” I turned and saw Alexis walking up. Once she was close, I wrapped my arm around her and gave her a quick kiss. “Ready?” I asked. “Ready!” She said and took my hand as we boarded the next train. Since I began dating Alexis, she has tried changing my image a tiny bit. Mainly changing what I wear. She did try to brush out my hair, but like the Werewolf it cannot be tamed.

“So, why do need a new deck?” Alexis asked.

“Well a few reasons. Main one being I want to ease the heat off of me, the other being I had that deck for so long, I wouldn’t mind maybe trying another. You know, give the pack some time to rest.” I explained.
Alexis giggled. “It’s cute when you speak like that.” She said, holding my hand as I blushed.

“A-anyway, t-that wasn’t the only plan. I was also thinking maybe we could walk around to...make it a date?” I said.

“I like the sound of that.” Alexis said and leaned against me as we rode the train. Once we reached the station and got off, Alexis and I walked around hand in hand as we looked about the stores and small sights as we headed towards the card shop. Our talks were more or less just chatter, but as I have learned, small things like that are made much more enjoyable.

We arrived at the card shop, but Alexis got a questioning look. “I didn’t know this was here.” She said. “Yeah, I found it when I first arrived. I like shopping here a bit more since the owner actually has the cards in these organized bins. It’s a lot easier if you are looking for a certain card.” I said. “I see. Well, let’s go in then.” Alexis said and I held the door open. Walking inside the owner of this shop was behind the counter, in his hand a comic or a trade paper I think they are called. When the bell dinged, he looked up from his book at us.

“Hey, (FN). Welcome back dude.” He said. “Who's that with you?”

“This is Alexis.” I said and gestured towards her.

“Cool. Well you know where the cards are man. Looking for anything in particular?” He asked.

“I was looking to make a deck actually.”