3.) Sweet as Suga

_______

•••
"One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else."

-K.L. Toth
•••

_______

Cassia's POV

_________

Somehow, Cassia had gotten her feet to work again, check out from the supermarket and carry the bag of groceries back home. She couldn't stop thinking about Jungkook, all the joy from landing the job at the movie theatre long forgotten.

Jin noticed this when she returned. He congratulated her on landing the job, embracing her in a tight hug, yet the smile on Cassia's face didn't reach her eyes.

"What's wrong?" There was no fooling, Jin. He could see right through his best friend.

"It's back home, mum is throwing a fit and Jungkook called, it's all very much just a big mess."

"Ohh" Jin knew about the situation with Cassia's parents, to say the topic was a difficult one was an understatement. Jin had met Jungkook  over Skype a few times before and the two got along exceptionally well. It was like Jin was nothing but their long lost older brother.

"When's he coming over?"

"As soon as mum's okay again. Two to three weeks, possibly. Sometimes it takes longer. Won't be long now 'til he moves in here. He really can't stay there much longer, I see what it's doing to him, Jin. It's like all the light is being sucked out of him. It's like-"

"It's like what happened to you" he finished, eyes fixed on the floor. Jin despised seeing Cassia upset. It always completely ruined his mood as well and the number one cause for her sadness was her family, more specifically her parents.

Speaking of the devil, Cassia's phone started to buzz again.

Cassia immediately checked if it was Jungkook, nope.

"Unknown number"

Jin could immediately tell who it was just by the way her face was getting red and her eyes were narrowing. He carefully grabbed the phone and declined the call before she could do something she'd regret.

"He's not worth it, Cass"

Cassia pinched her nose again, something she'd only do if she was deep in thought or really pissed.

"I know" she huffed out.

Jin made them some tea and sat down with Cassia, calming her down.

Cassia recited the entire phonecall with Jungkook to Jin. Told him about the guilt she felt and the anger, both at herself and at her father. Jin was a great listener and Cassia always felt a lot better after confessing her worries to Jin.

"Jungkook will be here soon enough and then you can both forget about your parents, at least for some time."