26.) the calm

double update!! read the chapter before this one if you haven't already💕

________

•••
"I was not born with roses
in my chest
to be afraid of thorns.

i was born to
bloom
in spite of them."

-vinati
•••

________

Taehyung's POV

_______

When Taehyung's eyes fluttered open he immediately noticed the lack of warmth in his arms.

He sat up, rubbing his eyes.

Cassia was gone.

He drew back the blinds and let the living room be flooded with morning light.

He rubbed his neck, it slightly hurt from the stiff position he had been sleeping in all night.

He didn't have any of his stuff with him but he searched for the bathroom nevertheless to at least wash his face with cold water. His phone buzzed with notifications when he turned it on.

With a groan he skipped over the ones from Marla and Nari.

Cassandra
Thank you for staying over, Taehyung. I woke up in the middle of the night and had trouble falling back asleep. I didn't want to wake you too since we've had quite a long day and you didn't get much sleep the night before. I'm safe and with a friend.
Sorry

Marla calling...

Taehyung sighed before answering the phone.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes, Marla?"

"Did you just wake up? It's 11 am, I've called you about three times and sent you numerous texts. Did you forget about the Versace dinner?? You have another fitting tomorrow as well. Hello?"

"Yeah, yeah.. I'm listening. No I didn't forget about the dinner. Sorry I just got up, had a rough night"

"Didn't I tell you to rest? Fashionweek is just around the corner, Taehyung. I need you to be at your physical and mental top form. We're going over outfits for the dinner in two hours, a driver will pick you and Jimin up at the mansion, understood?"

Taehyung shut his eyes and rolled his head back. Marla's loud, high-pitched voice was giving him a headache.

"Fine" he hissed.

"If you show up with undereye circles I-"

"I won't. Is that all?"

"Two hours, Taehyung"

"Yes, I heard you the first time. Bye, Marla"

Call ended...

When Taehyung walked out into the kitchen he saw that Namjoon and Jin were already up as well. Jin was standing at the stove cooking something in a pan and Namjoon was sat on the kitchen table in just his boxers reading the newspaper.