35.) be brave

_________

•••
"They call you a villain,
because they're scared of people who
save themselves,
and darling
you wear your scars higher
than any of their capes."

-l.z.
•••

_________

Cassia's POV

__________

The days up to Fashion Week passed by like sand running through Cassia's fingers. Taehyung got home late every day but he started to look better again. Cassia made sure he got enough sleep and with her in his arms he seemed to drift off almost immediately every night.

First thing in the morning Jimin and him went on a run and did their workout routine, after two days Jungkook started to join them. He was getting a bit bored just staying at the mansion with nothing to do all day. Nari wouldn't let him help in the house because she insisted him and Cassia were their guests.

Cassia talked to Yoongi and Leia every day and finally on a Wednesday afternoon she went back to work. She worked a full day shift with Leia and afterwards they went into the city and Leia helped her look for a side job for Jungkook. Cassia sent him pictures of shops and cafés that were hiring help. Jungkook had already started uni back in Korea but it was unclear how things were going to work from here.

They still needed to figure out if he could get credit for the courses he had already taken in Korea and how they would get him into art school. He wanted to dance. He had told Cassia this over and over again. She had seen him dance, nothing else awoke such deep passion within him. He was like a completely different person when he was dancing.

For now though he would have to work a side job and they'd figure things out from there. What was most important right now was that he was finally here and safe and that Cassia was getting back on track. As much as she loved staying with Taehyung and Nari, she missed her tiny apartment. It wasn't much but it had become her home. She also missed living next to Jin and living close to her college. From Taehyung's place the drive to her college was almost a full hour.

Knowing that Taehyung and Jimin would be out until late again Cassia agreed to go out for coffee with Leia.

Twisting a strand of her long blonde hair Leia let her eyes wander of Cassia's face trying to read her expression.

"You alright?" she smiled.

Cassia took a sip of her chai before looking up at her. "yeah, yeah. Just thinking" she mumbled.

" 'bout what?" Leia swirled the cream ontop of her latte around with a small silver spoon before bringing it up to her lips and licking it.

"um- it's just, uh" Cassia looked at Leia. It had been a while since they had last had a long conversation like this. "Fashion Week is in two days and I'm a bit nervous, I guess" Cassia decided on the truth.

"Oh" Leia licked her lips. "what are you nervous about? How Taehyung will do?"

"No, no- not at all! I've seen him model and he always gives it his all, it's just- I worry about getting photographed together" Cassia admitted. A look of confusion took over Leia's face.

"My father. I'm worried about him finding out" the words almost got stuck in her throat.

"Oh fuck him"