20.) don't let me drown

______

•••
"where do we go
now we know?
all that we love is what breaks our       
bones
holes in the wall never fixed a thing
every night makes it worth our sin
I do it for you
a
   l
    w
       a
          y
             s"

-dan farber x cdlv
•••

_____

Cassia's POV

_______

He wouldn't let her leave. Not until he had fixed this.

What Cassia tried to make him understand was that he hadn't broken anything.

"Listen, Taehyung!" she took his hands in hers, making him look at her. He needed to understand this.

"This is complicated, I am complicated! You'd be better off not wasting your time on me, figuring me out won't be worth it" the tears were gone now, her vulnerable moment over.

Her voice sounded clear and steady her eyes held a confident stare.

"This" she pointed to her tear stained face. "is not your fault"

He looked so confused.

Of course he does, you just randomly broke down in front of him. Cassia scolded herself.

This was one of her biggest fears. Breaking down in front of people. Jungkook had seen her like this a few times, Jin too. That was different though, they were both like brothers to her.

Taehyung didn't know her, he didn't know her past. This didn't make sense to him and Cassia was too exhausted to explain.

"Let me leave, forget this ever happened" she tried to reason with him.

"No, this is ridiculous" he protested. His brows were forrowed and he stood with his arms crossed.

"You're clearly upset but you said I have nothing to do with it"

"Exactly" she sighed.

"So stay"

"What?"

"Stay. You don't have to tell me all of it yet but I can't and won't let you leave me like this. Nothing has changed, I want to get to know you, you can't just run from me, Cassia. And don't ever say you're not good enough for me ever again."

Cassia stared at him in awe. He cared.

She let her arms drop in defeat.

"Okay" she nodded softly and his eyes lit up.

"Come here" he whispered and pulled her into his chest which was still bare.