59.) broken

__________

•••
"I want you but I'm not ready.
the same way I want to move on
and let go
but the past is a lot heavier
than I thought."
•••

__________

Jungkook's POV

Such heavy rain was pouring down from the sky that it seemed as if the heavens had decided to drown the whole city. The tv was softly buzzing in the background, more weather forecasts, it didn't look good. Nothing indicated that it would get better anytime soon. Jungkook had never witnessed anything like this.

Every citizen got a disaster alert on their phone and was adviced not to leave the house unless absolutely necessary. They were trapped. No one had seen this coming. It all started going downhill at around 10 am this morning.

Nari had come to pick Jungkook up and drive him to college when the weather suddenly started to go to hell and they got the alerts on their phones. Jin and Namjoon were stuck in their apartment, Jimin and Marla were somewhere in the city centre on a meeting and now stuck in that building as well and god knows where the hell Taehyung was.

Jungkook could feel the tension building up in the room. "Did you try calling him?" he spoke up after a good ten minutes of silence. Nari and him were both sitting on the living room couch, staring out of the window and watching the disaster unfold.

The rain which had been joined by furious whistling wind was falling from the sky in little weapon-like speers. The sound was nothing short of terrifying. Howling wind combined with roaring thunder building up in the grey clouds and the neverending noise of rain falling and falling and falling..

Nari's face, usually so composed and relaxed was pulled into a deep frown, she looked worried. Jungkook knew she wasn't scared, at least not for herself. She was scared for her brother.

"Of course I have" she hissed and he flinched back from her harsh tone.

"Sorry, I was just-" he sunk back into the couch.

"I know, Kookie" Nari sighed, turning to face him. "I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just really on edge right now"

"I know what you're going through" Jungkook mumbled, his voice getting smaller with every word. "It's a horrible feeling not knowing whether your sibling is safe, isn't it?"

"Yes" Nari mumbled before it dawned on here. "Ohh- Jungkook-"

"It's fine" he shrugged, the pain in his eyes dominating all other emotions. "Let's not talk about it. Let's focus on finding out where Taehyung is, okay?"

Nari's eyes locked with Jungkook's. He noticed that their golden shimmer looked weakened, tired even, much like the light in his own eyes. "Thank you" she mouthed.

Jungkook shook his head and reached out to grab Nari's hand in his. It was ice cold. "You don't have to thank me"

"I'm gonna make us some tea and turn the heat up, wait here" he ordered. When he returned he was not only carrying two cups of steaming hot tea in his hands but also had one of his big, comfy sweaters flung over his shoulder.