22.) run, Cassia

_______

•••
"I might fall, hard.
And he might not be
there to catch me.

But you and I both know
the greatest love is
never found in
guarantees."

-Emily Byrne's
•••

_______

Cassia's POV (the poor thing)

______

"he found you" the words rung in her head, leaving her blood cold and body frozen.

A silent tear slipped down her cheek, the knuckles of her hand holding the phone turning white.

Taehyung grabbed Cassia's hand and tried to gain her attention but he got no reaction. After the wave of shock had washed over her, she felt disbelief and then -when Jin kept on talking and talking about men in suits and a car parked at their parking lot waiting for Cassia to return- she felt absolutely terrified. She felt as though she could no longer breath, everything started to blur around her and her body started to hyperventilate.

Panic, sheer panic filled her eyes and when it flashed over Taehyung's eyes as well, Cassia knew this was really happening.

The tears started to fall freely now, Cassia's panic attack unfolding.

She didn't know what was happening, everything suddenly seemed to threaten to swallow her whole. So loud, everything was so loud. Were people screaming at her? Was she screaming?

She felt the tears and she heard herself scream in panic but it felt like someone else was controlling her body, like she was a mere bystander, shaking her head at the small girl having a panic attack in the middle of a restaurant.

Arms wrapped around her, she got lifted off the ground, carried out of the restaurant. Her cellphone taken out of her grip.

The cold air immediately hit her when she was brought outside and a glass of water was forced into her hands. How could she drink when she still wasn't able to breath?

Cassia tried to communicate this but no words came out of her mouth only pained sobs and choked up screams.

Taehyung pulled her into his chest, stroking her head and back, gently rocking them back and forth on the cold pavement.

"You're safe, Cassia. I won't let anything bad happen to you" he cooed in her ear. "Do you hear me? You're safe. He won't find you, I promise, princess"

Cassia focused on breathing but didn't try to stop her tears, they needed to fall. She burried her head into the crook of Taehyung's neck and cried all the tears that her body helt. Afterwards, she felt a lot better.

Her hands were trembling when she brought the glass of water to her mouth but at least she was able to drink it now. Taehyung didn't say a word. He was staring at her like she was a volcano, like he was waiting for her to erupt and tear him down with her, her deadly waves of lava burning him whole.

How could he think of her as a volcano when there was no fire in her eyes, no anger. Just salty tears and the empty depths of the oceans.