55.) half a heart

__________

•••
"Had you known her like I did
you'd wonder how
such a tortured soul
could
be so gentle."

-thehouseofenvelope
•••

__________

Cassia's POV

Time is a weird thing.
For one, it never stops for anyone or anything. Time doesn't care about what's happening in your life, it doesn't care about the nights you stay awake overthinking the choices you've made or the days wasted by hangovers and loaded work days. It doesn't care about your laughter or tears, your high points in life or the moments you feel the smallest.

Some days you may think it changes it's pace, goes by slower, drags out for hours on hours. Sometimes you may feel like moments pass with the blink of an eye and suddenly years of your life have gone by without you really noticing.

But that's just your mind playing tricks on you. Time never changes it's pace. Time doesn't care about you. Sure, it may feel absolutely unforgiving and mercyless at times yet time is completely fair because it treats everyone the exact same.

Time doesn't stop for anyone.
Everyone knows that. Cassia knew that.
Yet when she returned to the place she had called home for over two years, she hadn't expected it to have changed as much as it had. The unfamiliarity of her own neighbourhood hit her like a brick over the head. Everything was the same yet so different. Life had gone on without her.

She didn't know what exactly she had expected when she got home but it wasn't this. It wasn't this weird feeling in the pit of her stomach, it wasn't a headache and harsh wind, it wasn't everything dipped in deep, dark grey again and this taunting feeling of still not being safe.

Coming back was hard because Cassia didn't come back as a whole, she didn't come back as the same person she had left as, she didn't come back as someone recovering but someone who had been thrown all the way back to the start. She didn't feel at home, she didn't feel happy or relieved but worst of all, she didn't feel safe.

Everyone noticed. Everyone noticed something was wrong but no one knew how to help her. Her friends felt guilt for something that wasn't their fault, Jungkook felt all of Cassia's pain twice as hard and Taehyung..

Taehyung stopped talking about what he was feeling all together. He was here for Cassia, he wanted to focus on her, he wanted her to- he wanted her to smile again.

They all did. So they did everything in their power to help Cassia get back to who she was, who she wanted to be.

It wasn't easy. Finding back to every day life back home in SoHo was anything but easy for Cassia.

She was never alone. Jungkook and her moved into a new apartment, bigger than the old one. Warm tones, tall windows, wooden bookshelves, soft carpets. A peaceful neighbourhood. A small garden. A new beginning.

Cassia knew she wouldn't miss the old apartment, the memories she had made there were now forever stained with the darkness that had followed. Saying goodbye felt easy.