24.) talking to the moon

______

•••
"I promise you,
these storms are
only trying to
wash you clean."

-jessica katoff
•••

______

Cassia's POV

_______

Her hands were trembling with anger and frustration when she ended the call.

She scolded herself for calling her mum, big mistake. She should've known that her mother wasn't going to listen to what she had to say, she never did.

The words coming out of Cassia's mouth didn't matter except if she was cursing or 'forgetting about her manners' then her mother suddenly seemed to listen.

Cassia knew all this, she knew that her mother wasn't going to suddenly change, so why did her fingers press down on her mother's contact? Why did she even still have her number saved?

Because there was a glimmer of hope left in her. Hope that her mother would come to her senses, hope that she would worry about Cassia, not just because of the family's image, hope that after two years of silence her mother would be glad to hear her voice..

Cassia could feel a headache coming, she pinched the bridge of her nose. A habit that seemed to accompany her for a long time now.

She walked back into the living room, surprised that her yelling hadn't woken anyone up yet.

Taehyung was still passed out on the couch in the exact same position she had left him in. Her eyes had gotten used to the dark now and she could see him more clearly. A stream of moonlight was illuminating his features, he looked so peaceful.

There was no way Cassia could fall back asleep after that call. Too many thoughts were rushing through her head, her blood boiling with anger.

Jin and Namjoon were fast asleep in Namjoon's bedroom. And Taehyung..

..she didn't want to wake either of them. But she had to talk to someone. If she was left alone with nothing but her own thoughts any longer she might just go insane.

She put her shoes back on that were scattered on the living room floor and grabbed Taehyung's leather jacket. She was sure he wouldn't mind.

For a second she contemplated whether she should leave a note for him..

No, she would be back before he woke up anyways. She unlocked the door of Namjoon's apartment and slid into the cold night before the warmth of the apartment could pull her back.

Namjoon lived in a rather quiet neighbourhood, the traffic and noise was nothing compared to where Cassia and Jin lived which was close to the city centre.

Still, the streets weren't empty but Cassia was grateful for a little noise. She stared up at the apartment, trying to remember what it looked like and memorize its surroundings.

Wouldn't want to get lost now, would we?

How was it still so cold? Winter was supposed to be over soon but the weather sure didn't show any signs of it.