12.) Hide and Seek

_______

•••
       "it's just hide and seek.
he slipped away; now I spend
       my lifetime searching."

-c.k.
•••

______

Jungkook's POV

_______

"You can't stay here for much longer, Jungkook" Hobi's voice was muffled by the blanket over his mouth.

"I know, hyung" the younger quietly replied. "It's already been too long, I never wanted to be a burden to your family"

"How's Cassie?"

"Worried. I can't contact her that often or he'll find out. I think he secretly knows already, I think he even knows where she lives. It just doesn't make sense to me why he hasn't done anything yet. I never know what goes on in his head. It's like I've never fully known him and now we're strangers" Jungkook shifted on the matress so that he was facing Hobi, even though they couldn't see each other because the room was pitch black.

"Your mum called the other day. She knows you're here, I know that she sees right through my lies and I mean where else would you go?" Hobi mumbled. Too tired to keep his eyes opened, too awake to fall asleep.

"He's still at our house. When I go home he'll already be there waiting for me. I'm afraid that if I go now and see him face to face he won't let me leave to New York"

"He let Cassia leave"

"She ran away"

"But he didn't stop her" Hobi opened his eyes, staring into total darkness. Jungkook was his best friend, yet here he was trying to convince him to leave Korea, leave his parents, leave him. All because he saw how miserable he was.

"Send Cassia my love when you arrive in New York" he muttered.

"Hoseok, I can't leave yet" Jungkook sighed.

"You have to try"

"Why are you talking me into this so much? Why do you want to let me go so badly?" Jungkook's voice broke. Hoseok was all he still had here.

"Because you're my best friend, because I want to see you happy and because I love you"

It was silent. Total darkness in Hoseok's bed room. Yet everything seemed so loud. The worries of the days to come threatening to drown them.

~~~

Cassia's POV

3 am. Namjoon had fallen asleep on the couch. Jin was sitting with his legs spread out over Namjoon's lap and Cassia was sitting on a bean bag on the floor facing Jin.

"Thank you for this" she whispered to Jin. "You really cheered me up"

"I hate to see you down" Jin said, playing with Namjoon's fingers.

"I guess everything is just a little weird right now and I hate that. I like to have things going by plan." Cassia admitted.

"That's normal though, to have weird days. Sometimes the world just seems a little off. It'll pass" Jin smiled.