42.) i'm sorry

________

•••
"i don't know how
to fill my heart with
love
without also filling it with
fear."

-m.ivy
•••

________

Taehyung's POV

"I love you, Taehyung"

He breathed heavily, mind still on a high from climaxing, his eyes searching hers for reassurance. Her eyes stared deeply into his, a small content smile playing on her beautiful red lips. He wasn't imagining things, Cassia had really just told him she loved him.

He was lost for words. Blinking, he stared back at her, waiting for the right words to find him. The faint taste of alcohol in the back of his throat serving a reminder that he was still a bit drunk.

Say something, idiot.

"Cassia, I-" he felt his stomach tighten and throat go sore, the words wouldn't fall from his lips. "I'm sorry" he whispered, defeated. He couldn't say it.

He thought he caught a glimpse of hurt flash over her light brown eyes when she shook her head with a small smile.

"Don't apologize" she quietly spoke, brushing over his cheek. "I understand"

"No, Cassia, I- it's not-"

"It's fine, Tae you don't have to say it back" she assured him. "It's okay"

He cursed himself. Why, why couldn't he just say it back? What was wrong with him?

He looked down at her in pain, frustrated with himself, he desperately tried to tell her through his eyes how much she meant to him, how strong his feelings for her were.

"I think I'm gonna get cleaned up and go take a shower" she mumbled, breaking the silence and tearing her gaze away from Taehyung.

When her eyes locked with his again he sighed. "Right, sorry" he breathed, moving off of her so she could get off the bed.

He watched her close the bathroom door shut behind her and listened to the sound of her turning up the water and getting inside the shower.

"Fuck" he groaned, falling back onto the bed and slapping his hands to his forehead.

Fuck, fuck, fuck..

She really caught him off guard with her confession and he panicked. This was all new ground to him. He had never said I love you to anyone other than his mum or Nari.

He had never had a real relationship, a serious girlfriend. Always just flings, here and there sort of things. No strings attached, no comittment.

Cassia was the first girl he had really let in, see the real him. He felt so vulnerable with her, like she was seeing right through him. He didn't have to pretend with her, everything he felt was real. Sometimes it could be a bit overwhelming, yes, but that didn't mean he regretted any of it.

In such a short time the petite girl, a ghost from his teen years had started to mean so much to him. He wanted Cassia with him, all the damn time if possible.