37.) showtime

_________

•••
"Yeah,
maybe I loved
a little insane,
but at least I
had the courage
to lose myself in
something I
truly wanted"

-faraway
•••

___________

Cassia's POV
__________

A gasp left Cassia's lips once Marla had rolled in the silver rack of dresses and outfits, carrying an abundance of shoes with her.

"Don't tell me all of those are for me" Cassia coughed, eyes wide and lips parted in awe.

"They are" Marla smiled. "I didn't know which ones you would like so I brought a few more than needed"

"A few more?" Cassia laughed. "you brought more clothes than I own, Marla" the words tumbled out of Cassia's mouth before she could think twice about them, quickly clasping her hands over her mouth, Cassia shook her head with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful. I'm very grateful you're doing all this for me, it's just- y-you didn't have to- um- I would've been fine just wearing my own clothes" Cassia mumbled, scratching the back of her head in embarrassment, cheeks tinting a rosy pink again.

"Don't be silly. We're at Fahion Week Paris, sweetheart. Of course you can't just show up there wearing whatever! Don't forget about all the aftershow parties as well, you-"

"Aftershow parties?" Cassia felt her mouth go dry. "W-What? I thought we were just gonna go watch them walk the runways and-"

"Oh didn't V tell you?" Marla raised an eyebrow in disbelief. When Cassia didn't answer Marla shook her head with an amused smile.

"Oh dear, my sweet summer child, there's much more to Fashion Week than just the runway shows! Aftershow parties, press interviews, get togethers, all the networking, I mean just the street style at Fashion Week is it's own thing" Marla rambled own, running her fingers over the rack of clothes, pulling out a few dresses here and there, giving them a glance and hanging them back.

Cassia was about to open her mouth when they heard a knock on the door. Cassia sent Marla a confused glance, all the models were already gone, getting ready for the show, they were practically alone at the hotel by now so who..?

"Oh that must me Claire and Patrick!" Marla smiled, running over to the door and letting two people in Cassia had never seen before.

"Who are-" she mumbled to herself but Marla beat her to it.

"Cassia, may I introduce you to Claire and Patrick! They'll be doing your hair and makeup this week" she brightly smiled, expecting a reaction out of Cassia who just stood there frozen.

Everything was happening so fast, all she had wanted was to watch Tae model and now here she was getting her own stylists? She felt like she was drawn back into the world she had once known. Her father's world of perfection. Why were they making such a big deal out of Cassia's appearance? She planned on staying in the background as much as she possibly could, the less attention the better.