14.) Coffee and Milkshake Dates

_____

•••
"her beautiful
shoulders
speak nothing
of all she's
carried."

-JmStorm"
•••

_____

Cassia's POV

________

The drive back was silent. Not an awkward or tense silence. Just peaceful.

The first rays of morning sunshine were slowly creeping up the tinted car windows. Cassia traced her fingers along the cold glass, deep in thought.

Taehyung's eyes looked heavy with exhaustion. He stiffled a few times in his seat, Cassia could tell that he was struggling to stay awake.

"Do you want me to drive?" This broke the silence and brought them both out of their trance.

"It's fine" his voice sounded raspy and even deeper than usual. It made goosebumps arise on Cassia's arms.

Cassia wasn't someone to stay up all night, she needed her sleep. She needed all the energy she could get for college and work. Yet now, that morning was dawning on them, she felt awfully awake.

She could still remember how the night had started. Jin cooking lasagne and Namjoon coming over. And now it had gone. The night had slipped through their fingers.

Cassia didn't know how far away Taehyung's house was, she didn't pay attention that night he drove her home. Even if she had, time seemed to completely change the way it worked when she was with Taehyung.

She started to worry that he would be too tired to drive back to his place after dropping her off at her apartment.

She cautiously watched him. His arms were merely hanging from the steering wheel, threatening to fall at any moment. The bags under his eyes stood out even more in the light of day and his gaze seemed..empty.

This is bad. Cassia thought to herself. I can't let him drive off alone with the state he's in.

So when he finally pulled up to her apartment Cassia got all her courage together and turned to Taehyung.

"Please come inside for a bit. You really need to rest" she spoke.

"I can rest at home. I need to get back, make a few calls-" he paused, forgetting where he was going with this sentence.

"Alright, just for a quick cup of coffee then. Please, Tae"

At the mention of his name he opened his eyes a little wider and smiled a bit. Cassia could tell he tried to come across as awake and fit.

"Just because you asked so nicely, princess"

Cassia gave herself no time to fawn over how adorable his dimples looked and hopped out of the car.

"Coffee it is" she beamed and walked ahead to unlock her apartment.

That's when she remembered Jin and Namjoon.