31.) this isn't running away

_________

•••
"Babygirl,
don't let people
who only see black and white
tell you
what colour your rainbow
should be"

-l.z.
•••

_________

Cassia's POV

________

He seemed to understand. He didn't interupt her even once and that encouraged her to keep going, the words kept flowing. She grew more confident as she spoke, telling him about what Namjoon and Jin had found out and why it was so necessary to leave for a bit. She tried to make it clear that she was coming back, this was not her running away again. She was done with running.

"When will you be back?" Taehyung spoke for the first time after a few minutes.

"In six days" Cassia looked up at him, waiting for his reaction. He only nodded. "I'll still stay with you when I get back if that's okay" she added, hesitantly reaching for his hand. She felt a lot better when he immediately reacted to her touch and grabbed her hand in his, reassuringly squeezing her fingers.

"Of course it is, Cassia. Come here" he grabbed her arm and pulled her into his chest. "Promise me to be careful okay?" he whispered into her hair. She closed her eyes, trying to enjoy his embrace for a moment, remember his touch.

"I promise" she mumbled back. "You too though, okay? Nari told me about everything on your schedule. Make sure to rest"

"Oh god, you're starting to sound like Marla" Taehyung cringed at the name of his assistant, he had been ignoring her calls all morning, not ready to let her voice fill his head again. Not yet..

Cassia mustered a smile. "You know I think she's just trying to look out for you" she said as they broke apart.

"You know, I don't" he huffed. "She cares about the money in her bank account and that's about it. Money she won't get if I don't do my job"

Cassia lightly shook her head. "Then do your job" she smiled.

"About that.." Taehyung started, not sure how to word his next question. "Fashion Week" he started but Cassia immediately shook her head, stopping him.

"My father will be there" she dryly interrupted.

Taehyung took her hand in his again. "I don't think so, he doesn't usually show up at these events and when he does he tells me in advance"

He was starting to feel a bit awkward, making it sound like he was close to Cassia's father. Well, in a way he was. But not really. At least that's what he tried to make himself believe whenever Cassia broke down in front of him. When he saw something shatter within her soft eyes, when her small body started to shake with fear at the mention of the name of the man he was working for, he tried to tell himself 

'This is not my fault'

'I'm not that close to him'

'This is my job'

'I can't change anything about this'

'This is not my fault'

But was it..?
Marija's offer started to ring in his head again. "drop your agency".. She had told him she'd be at Fashion Week as well and he knew that by then she expected an answer.