48.) save me

__________

•••
"It's a pity you're still looking for him
in all the places you lost yourself."

-miriellamarie
•••

__________

Cassia's POV

Her room was the only place in this house her father stayed clear of. It was her only safe zone. For a long time it had been the only place Cassia could hide and be herself.

Her father didn't stay clear of it out of respect, not because he wanted to grant his daughter some privacy, simply because he believed it wasn't his job to come to her. People in this home followed his orders, it was their job to come see him, not the other way around.

Sooyoung was right outside her door when Cassia awoke from her nap. The food on her bedside table, now cold, had for the most part remained untouched. It wasn't that Cassia wasn't hungry, she just doubted she'd be able to keep it in.

Her blue sundress was gone, she had left it on the bathroom tiles and someone must've gotten rid of it afterwards. She couldn't meet her father in her silk pyjamas so Cassia let Sooyoung open her old wardrobe for her and the sight brought a frown to Cassia's face. She had expected to be met with the clothes she had worn as a teen.

Instead the wardrobe was filled to the brim with new clothes, some still had tags on them. Dresses, skirts, elegant pants, silk blouses. Cassia bit down on her tongue as she brushed her fingers over the soft materials. The clothes were neatly organized, even full outfits arranged to perfection were hanging from some of the silver hangers.

Mother. This had to be her doing.

As if she noticed the curious glimmer in Cassia's eyes Sooyoung gave her a small smile.

"Madam orders this closet to be refilled every two months, we're always adding the newest fashion" the maid spoke and Cassia felt like she was going to throw up the few bites of food she had forced down.

"Is there anything else I could wear?" Cassia dryly said, tearing her eyes away from the designer pieces. First the blue roses and now this. Her mother had never let go of her, even though they parted in fight.

"Are the clothes not to your liking, Miss? Would you prefer different brands? I think GUCCI's newest collection just got delivered, I could ask someone to-"

"Oh my- no! God, no!" Cassia panicked, running her hands through her freshly washed hair. The oils of the conditioner had left it in straight, silky strands, soft to the touch. She had forgotten what it was like to use high end products instead of cosmetics from the drug store.

The mention of GUCCI felt like another hit to the stomach, threatening to knock her down once again. Taehyung.

She couldn't think about him now. She couldn't break down in front of Sooyoung. She couldn't let herself show weakness, her father would find out and use it as an excuse to take even more of her freedom away. That's what he did with her mum, he told everyone she was sick, unstable, only to play her like a puppet.