11.) Somewhere over the Rainbow

______

•••
"Life becomes more meaningful when you realize the simple fact that you'll never get the same moment twice"
•••

_____

Cassia's POV

_________

"You do realize you'll have to tell me about it at some point, don't you?" Jin scoffed.

"There's nothing to tell, Jin. Now let me sleep"

"It's two in the afternoon. I think you've slept enough, missy"

"Stop calling me that"

"Stop dismissing me then. You owe me for just disappearing last night, Cass"

"Look, how many more times do you want me to tell you that I'm sorry? I fucked up, okay? I get it. I'm a horrible friend and you hate me now"

"I don't hate you, you little bitch-"

"JIN!"

"- I just hate it when you keep stuff like this from me! You said you had no real friends back in Korea and then all of a sudden this mysterious 'childhood friend' shows up and you just leave with him"

Cassia groaned, fake sleeping wouldn't save her from Jin any longer. She had to face him and well- tell him the truth? What even is the truth at this point. She wondered.

"Well, we're not really childhood friends, I guess. More like, umm aquaintances? I haven't seen him in 4 years though" Cassia began and Jin just looked more confused than before.

"And were you like lovers or some shit bec-"

"NO! no, not at all. He works with my father"

"oh"

"yep.. 'oh'..we don't even really know each other. we just talked a few times and met at my father's business events every now and then"

"So is he still in contact with your father or..?"

"Yes, my father is his manager"

"And he knows who you are??"

"Ever since last night, yes" Cassia admitted.

"And you're just calmly sitting here, telling me about this and not worrying that he's going to- I don't fucking know Cassia- tell your father???"

"He promised me he wouldn't tell" Cassia mumbled, aware of how stupid and vague that sounded.

"And you believe him, just like that?" Jin squinted his eyes together, Cassia let her eyes drop to the floor, unable to hold his judgemental gaze.

"haha, I guess..?" she shyly chuckled.

"oh my god, Cassia. Have I taught you nothing?"