Chapter One

Damian stared at the puppy in her arms, an eyebrow poised in question.

It blinked.

"Raven, what is this?", he asked in his usual, indifferent voice.

The purple haired girl allowed the barest hint of a smile to reach her lips at his curt tone.

"It's a puppy Damian.", she replied, cool and collected.

"Tt, I can see that. Why is it here?"

Raven laughed lightly at his obliviousness, for once not holding to her monotonous persona. On the roof, with the air cool and the sun comforting, she truly felt at peace. Well, she would have, if the person next to her would just take a hint and loosen up. The witch was used to it though-only Damian Wayne would be able to perceive an adorable puppy as a threat. Only Damian.

But the scowl on his face receded as she laughed and his face slightly softened as he looked again at the black Labrador, barely bigger than his hand span.

"Damian," Raven started, "He's here because I brought him for you."

Now both of his eyebrows were reaching heavenwards.

"You. Brought a dog. For me."

Rolling her eyes at his antics, Raven thrust the puppy in to his hands, almost toppling him over in the process. Once he regained his balance, Damian adjusted his grip to hold the Labrador more securely(and secretly loving the warm feeling that the animal brought). He threw a sharp glare at the half-demon which she returned, unfazed.

She simply stated, "Yes. I figured you could use the company.", before walking off.

Leaving him alone with a little black lab that looked like it would love nothing more than to lick his face off.

*****

"Whatcha got there?", Beastboy (Garfield) asked as soon as Damian entered the main living room.

As he normally did when 'grass stain' made a comment lacking all manner off common sense, Damian rolled his eyes, opting to take a seat on the sofa and ignore the rest of the world...to no avail.

"Hey, Damian! Damian. Damian. Dami. Dami. Robin. DUDE!"

"What, Logan?!", The son of Batman finally snapped, turning his attention to the offender.

The boy recoiled slightly at his tone, hitting Jaime besides him in the shoulder.

"Hey! Watch it hermano! Can't you see we're trying to play a game here!"

"Yeah, a game that you just lost!", Jon's southern accent broke through their almost-fight.

As if on cue, the Spanish cursing issued, making Damian chuckle from his seat on the sofa next to theirs. Through it might have irritated him to no end when he first became a Titan, Damian had become accustomed to the meaningless arguing and raucous laughter that his fellow teammates brought with them. Though he would rarely join in, preferring to watch from the side-lines and offer sarcastic quips here and there.

Though one who would never be deterred by his cold demeanour was Donna. The lively, uncontrollable Wondergirl. And arguably the most innocent person he had ever met, always so bright and optimistic. It was obvious from the longing stares and frequent blushes that she had a thing for Jon (and vice versa) so it was shocking to all how they weren't together yet. Even Damian shipped it -sort of- and that was saying a lot.

At that moment, said girl walked through the door alongside Koriand'r, dressed to go out in her usual outfit containing some questionably bright colours. Kori had moved in with Dick, but their apartment was near by, so she was at the tower quite often.

"Okay team," The Tamarinian started, "We're all going to go for some mandatory fun!"

Damian resisted the urge to groan in dismay. 'Mandatory fun' was either sheer agony for him, ended in some form of disaster or was fairly pleasant. Like the first time, when they went to the carnival- no, that ended badly. But is wasn't too bad: Damian did get to beat Garfield in that dancing game and he didn't have such an awful time with Raven.

Speaking of the devil (no pun intended) she walked in just as Starfire announced, "We're going shopping!"

Raven resisted the urge to bash her head in to a wall, mentally pleading that Kori was joking. Although she did need some knew clothes, the reserved girl was not in the mood to deal with the catcalls of perverted teenage boys and glares of girls who preferred to judge her over her hair colour and clothing choice than deal with their own depleted self esteems. Going outside was a drag, and something she really didn't need to deal with.

Just as she was about to voice these thoughts, Donna perked up, "And don't even think you two are getting out of it! Damian and Raven, you are both coming with us! I don't care what you say!"

'Well, so much for that.',the two simultaneously thought.

However, it didn't deter their imploring eyes aimed at Kori. Eyes which she skilfully avoided.

"This was your idea, wasn't it?", Damian pointed an accusing finger at Donna, to which she just smiled innocently.

Until squealing when she caught sight of the puppy on his lap."Oh my goooooooooood! It's a puppy!"

"I'll leave him in your care temporarily." Damian said, quickly loading the lab in to her hands and leaving, not wanting to deal with a fangirling Donna.

Thoughts likewise inclined, The others made their prompt exits, barely catching Kori's words in their haste.

"We will leave in ten minutes, so get ready quickly!"

*****

A.N

Hello my Darlings!

First of, I would like to take the time to truly thank you for taking time to actually read this story. It is something I've been wanting to do for a while now, and here it is! Also, in case you were wondering because of spellings and whatnot, I am English (because that is the correct term to use, not 'British' as that implies that I could be from four different countries -England, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales).

Anyway, my updating schedule will be once a week on a Thursday, unless I decide to be nice and update early or if there are any problems that arise.

XXX

-Bats :3