Chapter Sixteen

A.N: Wow...we've come so far...

"Ouch!"

"Move you're arm you little...!"

"I swear to God if you don't get off-"

"WHO THE FUCK IS SITTING ON MY LEG?!"

"Uqsim' billah my katana is going through the next person that touches me!"

Dick and Kori looked upon the scene with despair: did this have to happen EVERY SINGLE TIME?! Could these people not exit the car in an orderly fashion- was it THAT hard?

Once they had finally righted themselves, the group took their time assessing the surroundings (mostly Damian though, what could he say?- old habits die hard). They were met by exactly what had been expected: bright lights, loud noises and candy floss. 

The memory of pure sugar wafted over Damian's mind, bringing a soft smile to his lips. Towards Raven, his eyes were drawn, but only for a brief moment. That abnormal feeling -that he had been experiencing all too often- swept through his chest as he found her eyes already trained on his. Brushing it off, Damian tuned back towards the two standing in from of the group.

After running through the 'rules' (cue several eye-rolls) Kori and Dick allowed the overly-large group to divide: Kori and Dick (obviously) going off together; Steph and Tim walking arm in arm. The others had a moment of indecision before Raven, Damian and Jaime started away from the rest. Not wanting to be the third wheel for Kori and Dick or Tim and Stephanie, Jason made his way over to them, leaving Adyn, Donna and Jon standing around awkwardly.

Not wanting to spend any longer in the tense moment, Donna bounded over to the quartet ahead of them. Having no other purpose, Adyn and Jon followed, causing Damian to shake his head in amusement. Neither had proved to be very decisive people.

This would be an interesting few hours...to say in the least.

***

"Damian, you might want to consider staying away from those falafels.", Raven smirked, eliciting  a raised eyebrow from the boy in question.

"What exactly are you infer-", he broke off at Raven's uncharacteristic chuckles and followed where her arm was pointing.

Giving her a look of incredulity, Damian brought his hands together slowly in a sarcastic clap, "Wow. Honestly, I am in awe at the sensibility- truly!", he raised a hand to his heart dramatically, "Damnation upon those that would ever dare to suggest immaturity on your part!"

Swatting his arm, Raven attempted to stifle her giggles by clamping a hand over her mouth.

"Oh, come off it!", she said, between titters.

Rolling his eyes at her, Damian turned away from the funhouse mirrors, seeking to divert the subject. Finding an opportunity, the ex-assassin took his chance.

"Well would you look at that?", Raven raised her eyebrows at him, prompting for the boy to continue -although she was miffed that he had cut her fun short-, "I'd say you're facing similar issues Raven."

Damian's aggravating smirk caused Raven to resist the urge to slam his face in to the mirror in front of her (which depicted a considerably misshapen demoness). Ignoring Damian's mischievous snickers, Raven caught sight of possibly the greatest thing in the world.

Candyfloss.

Without warning, she walked off towards the stand, manned by a woman projecting so much boredom that Raven wouldn't even need to be an empath to feel it. Damian stared after her in confusion before jogging to join up with her, feeling that it would be rather stupid to stand laughing alone. One might think he had mental issues. Of course that wasn't true...