Chapter Five

"Um...what about me?", Adyn -the demon- pointed at himself.

The solemn mood what instantly broken, with the others on alert as Dick took a threatening stance. Without a second thought, Raven stood in front of Adyn, hands raised peacefully towards Nightwing (who was death-glaring the alarmed demon).

"Dick, calm down.", the witch ordered. "He's on our side."

With a slightly nonplussed expression on his face, he relaxed his pose, head quirked not unlike a dog. Damian sighed, though he recognised that if it were him in Grayson's position, he would have done more or less the same thing.

"Grayson, we haven't the time for nonsense, decide what to do once we reach the Manor.", Damian said.

*****

As the car drove away from the city centre (after having dropped Garfield off) Dick commented just to break the silence, "By the way, don't worry: your dog is at our place." He shot Kori a quick smile which she unsteadily returned.

Then they fell in to

Ten

Awkward

Minutes

...

Extremely

Awkwardly

Awkward...

Briefly, Damian's emerald gaze met Raven's amethyst, conveying a flurry of emotions. Boredom. Concern. Anxiety. Without realising, the two -separated by Jaime, Donna, Jon and Adyn- had been staring at each other for a copiously lengthy time, mostly lost in thought.

"Well,", Nightwing coughed, clearing his throat, "here we are, Wayne Manor."

He stopped the vehicle as it made its way through the gates, gates that signalled impending doom for many of those in the car. Besides her, Raven nudged Adyn, widening her eyes at him, brows raised at his still-present horns and blood-red complexion.

Realisation dawning on his face, the demon announced quickly, "Please, don't be alarmed, I just need to change back in to my other form."

Not leaving them any time to react, a dim ruby glow surrounded Adyn, lasting barely more than a second. In utter awe, the titans observed as his visage altered drastically: violently rouged skin turned to a pale pink; obtuse horns shrunk to mere stubs; locks whiter than platinum darkened to a rosy champagne, hanging in long ringlets down the side of his face. Yet Adyn's eyes kept their deep scarlet hue, not unlike the flames of his birthplace.

Taking their expressions with a good countenance, Adyn just smiled, sharing a bemused look with his fellow demon.

To their gawping he laughed, "What, you didn't think I permanently looked like that? It's only my 'battle face', if you will."

Their eyebrows remained heavenwards (except for Damian's of course, he wasn't nearly surprised).

Sighing, Jaime shook his head, "I've seen too much shit right now to question it. Let's just go."

Thoughts like wise inclined, the titans stumbled out of the car (as per usual) falling in a heap on the ground. Hence, the next minute was spent untangling limbs, dodging stray first, flinching at Arabic swearing etc. Naturally, this occurred right. in. front. of. Batman.

Oh, and the rest of the batfamily who were peeking out of a window. (A.N:I love them so much OMFGMNKDBJFJFIB!!!)

***After***Finally***Getting***Up***