Chapter Two

"Alright, we're here!", Starfire announced, getting out of the too-small car.

The back doors were thrown open and six previously cramped teenagers were piled on to the floor.

"Ouch!"

"Dude, what the hell!"

"I swear, if you do not move your arm I will make you rue your existence!"

"Eeep!" 

"Get OFF me grass stain!"

"Why- oomph- do you guys -oomph- abuse me like this?"

***Five***Minutes***Later***

"Remember, you can go off on your own, but you have to be here by two o'clock for lunch, ok?"

With that, they went off their own ways :Raven being all but dragged off by Donna and Kori; Garfield and Jaime eagerly making their way towards the gaming shops; and Damian and Jon walking together -the later talking animatedly about needing a new shirt.

"I think we should check out that new store by the sweet shop, they have some good stuff. A lot like Hot Topic, come to think of it." Superboy added as they weaved their way through the crowd.

Damian shrugged, non-committal, "That's fine. It is a perfectly decent establishment."

Their trek grew awfully silent, and it wasn't helping that there were groups of giggling girls around them (Jon, being the adorably awkward boy, was blushing like a tomato and Damian was just...glaring). Attempting to ease the tension, the blushing southerner made half-baked comments about the weather and other menial things until, after a few painstaking minutes, they reached the store.

"By the way, Jon," Damian said as they walked through the door, "One thing I must say that I commend you on is your music taste."

The boy  beamed a true, thousand dollar, Clarke Kent smile as he sifted through a clothes rack, "I know, right! Whatever people say, rock is great. Although I don't mind Pop that much."

Damian nodded in thought, searching through a pile of t-shirts. Seeing a black, full-length 'Fifty Words For Murder, And I'm Every One Of Them' shirt, which was adequate enough, he checked the price tag before deciding to buy it. Though the cashier -a man in his late twenties- was so slow that Damian was mentally face-palming and killing the person. After paying, finally, he waiting a while for Jon to finish searching and just hurry the hell up and pay!

After forever and a day, the Superboy finally finished purchasing the hoodie he wanted: a light-blue number with Superman's 'S' on the front. The son of Batman shook his head, a signature smirk painting his lips. 'Oh Jon, you are too much.' he thought, bemused.

As they left the shop, said boy asked,"So what did you buy?"

Damian showed him the shirt.

"Panic, huh?", he chuckled, "You really are a weird one. I respect that."

"I try."

Chuckling some more, the blue-eyed boy turned slightly in Damian's direction before gasping. Startled, Damian reached for his sword, but his hand met air and he remembered that Koriand'r had made him leave it in the car.

"What is it?", he asked urgently.

"You...You're taller than me! When did that happen?"

Face blank, Damian stared at Jon. 

Just.

Staring...

...

*****

"C'mon Rae, you have to buy something!", Donna screeched at the purple haired girl for what felt like the billionth time in the space of half an hour.

Raven rolled her eyes at the Wondergirl, smiling fondly. The younger superhero was infectiously bubbly. Walking with them to the smoothie bar, Kori surveyed the scene with caring eyes: the titans genuinely were like her family, and it was great to see Raven interacting so much with other people- even if it was only Donna.

"Girls, do you wish to order drinks?", Koriand'r asked, releasing Raven from the one-sided conversation with the Wondergirl.

The demon-girl in question looked up to see the bar-tender waiting for their orders, blowing an impressively large bubble with her gum and looking damn bored. Donna and Raven shot each other looks before smirking.

"Two large double-chocolate-Oreo-smoothies-with-extra-cream.", they chanted in unison, high-fiving with impeccably stoic facial expressions.

One thing they could always agree on was their love of Oreo smoothies.

"And a mango-and-kiwi smoothie.", Starfire added, bemused at the girls antics.

*****

"Damn! That was so gooood!", Donna groaned as she rubbed her stomach blissfully.

Kori chuckled at her whilst Raven just smiled, enjoying the moment. Just the three of them, walking though a mall, basking in the mid-day sunlight. At that moment, Raven could almost forget who she was. What she was. All her problems. Almost.

Yet, just as she would begin to cast her troubles to the wind, a harsh gale ,built up from years of soul suppression, would shoot them back at her. Re-embedding themselves in the very marrow of her bones.

Unworthy.

A demon.

The spawn of hell.

She spaced out, attempting to drown these thoughts: and only throwing herself further in to the deep end. Hardly able to keep afloat. Raven registered virtually nothing in her periphery, all sounds and sights of the world a mere blur as she fought the submerged feeling overcoming her. 

And then she felt it. 

A demonic presence, growing nearer. 

But the only demons allowed on the planet, after Trigon, were..

'Oh Mother of Azarath, what happened?'

A.N

Hello again my Poppets!

Yes I have updated early! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter and are liking the story so far. Also, thank you so much for all the views and your comments, seriously. 29 views on the first chapter already?! 

And, because *self promo*, if you are interested, I have a Dramione story that I am also writing so feel free to check it out!

XXX

-Bats :3