Chapter Eighty-Seven

Draped in an oversized t-shirt and joggers was how Siza unashamedly faced the Justice League, depicting the image of her unclaimed mark. "A destroyer and conquerer of planets, Yeiso was ultimately overthrown in the Ahoiax quadrant and exiled to the barren dwarf planet ten thousand kilometres away, uninhabited. It took three fully fledged armies of millions to topple him.", she pointed to a sandstone coloured sphere on the holographic projection around them. Pinching her fingers and enlarging the image, she zoomed in on the dwarf planet. "A craft intended for the second planet in Ahoiax crashed on the dwarf planet, Yeiso waited until the shuttle's engineers had repaired the damage before pirating it. The craft was tracked to...", she zoomed out and swiped a hand to the right, landing on another collection of planets, "...the planet Creets in sector 4781 where he hijacked a Sithiam transport which I tracked from Paom to Hijido to Imiotsh  and all the way to this planet."

Batman (in an eternal state of arm-folded-and-frowny-ness) asked, "Is the Earth his final destination?"

She rand a hand through her metallic hair and huffed, "I'm not sure. But each stop had been for a reason. Yeiso is not just any tyrant, he's psychotic, calculating. According to the Reon intergalactic committee, he's from the farthest known civilised planet-"

"Yan!", Hal burst out, instantly becoming aware of the strange looks and clearing his throat. "I-uh- the Guardians spoke of it. But...Yan was destroyed in a war hundreds of thousands of years ago! They called it the War of Times. A war waged against these godlike creatures -what were they called again?-"

"The time-holders.", J'onn said, his eyes trained on the table, seeing nothing. "That's the general term. Our people had a different name for them. But the stories are all the same, they reached as far as our planet. That's all they were, old stories, tales told to little children, nothing more."
J'onn could see it now, sitting with his daughter, K'hym, watching her reaction to the old tales. Fearful, yet so much wonder in her eyes. The Manhunter stopped before he let the memory drag him in and brought himself back on topic, addressing both Hal and the red-skinned bounty hunter, "Yan was obliterated. That's what the stories told. How could this...Yeiso be alive and from a planet that exists only as legend in most of the cosmos?"

Hal shrugged, "War of Times against time-holders, maybe the conventional rules of time don't apply. He (what did you say his name was?) Yay-so (was it?), must have escaped the war somehow. But I though his people were a warrior race, he wouldn't just run away?"

Siza sighed, "I wouldn't know. Reon sent me after him. Not to boast, but I am the best they've got and I'm lucky to have escaped with my life the last time I encountered him. Luckily enough, you all showed up this time and he left while I was distracted.", she muttered to herself, "Not that it would have mattered if I wasn't, he acted like I was an insect to crush under his boots."

Out of the blue came a shrill screech followed by Shazam clutching his hand while hopping about like a mentally unstable kangaroo, "IT BIT MEEEEEEE! OhJesusohLordohmigod! What do I do? Do I pee on it? No that's for jellyfish- oh sweeet and sour pickles with anchovies on pizza what do I do?"

Siza's serpent was not impressed with the man-child. All she did was take a taste of the air and her tongue happened to touch his hand. There was no need for him to make that ridiculous sound.

The serpent's emotions were echoed by Cyborg's words, "Billy. Grow the fuck up." Knowing that Clark would have a fit, Vic added, "Excuse the profanity. Can we just get on with this,", he looked to Siza with attempted impartiality, "how much of a threat exactly is he?"

That question brought all eyes to the serpentine woman, who didn't falter under the heavy observation. WonderWoman braced her hands on the meeting table, "Well, Siza?"