Chapter Seventeen

The large group made their way towards the car park once sunset approached, each one taking their time to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere surrounding them. 

Damian's eyes found their way to the sky, noting the soft manner in which the hues of orange and salmon melded together. The clouds managed to imitate candy floss perfectly, wispy strands trailing off in to nothing. Just as the sugary sweet tended to do when being consumed.

At that thought, Damian noted that besides him, Raven was eating her way through a bucket of candy floss. Another one?! The boy rolled his eyes, smiling- at this rate, Raven was going to need to book a dentist appointment.

The titan in question noticed him observing her.

With an eyebrow raised, she asked, quite simply. "What?"

Damian shook his head, still smiling, "Nothing."

Raven narrowed her eyes at his grin, to which she received a smile of feigned innocence. Shaking her head at the idiot besides her, Raven took to watching those around her (focusing specifically of two would-be lovebirds, if they could JUST ADMIT IT!!!).

Jon was walking besides Donna, hands in his pockets, head bowed slightly. He walked with a slower pace than usual, accommodating her considerably shorter legs. It appeared that the two were in conversation. Though by no means animated, their talk seemed to be one of cordiality and a shy laugh or two would reach Raven's ears every now and then.  The overall positivity peaked her emotional state, but what brought a pleased smile to her lips were the tendrils of innocent love intertwined with the positive energy issuing from the two.

Azar, they were cute.

Raven laughed under her breath, gaze still trained on Jon and Donna. She allowed her thoughts to wander and found herself pondering what those two would be put together. Jonna, in all likelihood. Jonna. It had a nice sound to it.

Bringing another clump of candy floss to her lips, Raven noticed that the boy besides her was once again looking at her.

She turned to him, exclaiming, "What?!"

He smirked, just like before, "Nothing."

Resisting the urge to groan in frustration, Raven decided to solve the issue by shovelling down more of the sugary goodness.

The company had almost reached the car when Dick realised that Jason was missing.

Cue face-palms and aggravated shrieking.

"Why can't he just stay put?!", Dick said, hitting his head in to a nearby lamppost.

"Indeed,", Steph proclaimed dramatically, clapping Dick's shoulder, "Why, the poor soul must have gutted half the nation by now. Let us follow red blood trail!"

"Or the trail of flame and destruction.", Damian said, playing along seamlessly. "There should be a pathway somewhere in the vicinity."

"Can't we just leave him?", Tim grumbled under his breath, evidently suffering from caffeine withdrawals. 

Jon snickered at their antics whilst the others merely shook their heads in shame. 

"He will surely be coming towards us soon. There is no reason to worry.", Kori said.

"Who said anything about worrying?"

"Hear, hear!", was the response to Raven's quip -coming from Damian, Tim and Steph.

Just as Kori and Dick had made the decision to leave without him (having waited seven minutes and twenty-one seconds- Damian was counting) Jason came sauntering towards them, staggering slightly. Upon closer inspection they came to realise that what had appeared to be a pink smudge on his face -from a distance- was, in fact, the imprint of two pouted lips. As he staggered nearer, Damian noted many more stains at the collar of his shirt and peppering his neck.