Chapter Thirty-Two

"Well, isn't someone glad to see us.", John Constantine chuckled, taking an extensive drag at his cigarette. "Nice place, this. Not exactly what I expected from Batman."

"Hi Bruce.", Zatanna grinned at her old friend, albeit a tad apologetically on John's behalf.

The magician wiggled her fingers in a greeting to the child besides Bruce, elevating an eyebrow in his direction. Pivoting, she looked to the couch opposite Bruce's, smile widening.

"Raven!"

John spun to  face the half-demon, "Well I'll be...Y'aright love? I haven't seen you in a while."

"Good to see you too. But-?"

"What are you doing here?", Bruce stood up, arms folded, leaving Bella on the sofa.

Damian contributed, "I was about to ask the same thing."

Disconcerted, Jaime observed the two newcomers with scepticism. The man (tall, blonde, dapper and smoking) held an air about him that Jaime would class as authoritative- not on the same level or in the same form as Batman, but authoritative nonetheless- but in a nonchalant manner ; the woman- donning a black jacket, fishnet tights, a white and black corset and a top-hat- omitted a similar sensation, equally as offhand. Both evidently were familiar with Raven and Mr Wayne, possibly Damian.

Hoping to find a fellow clueless-person in the situation to relate to, Jaime resorted to Adyn; only to find the demon in an entirely separate predicament.

Ay, mierda, I'm outa my league on this one. Again.

.

"Raven, who- what is going on?", Adyn posed, brow knitted.

Before Raven could begin explaining that she had no idea what was going or Bruce and Damian could ask any questions, Zatanna cut what would become palavering.

"Can we just tell you what's going on?", her eyebrow raised once more, turned on the full-blood demon at the doorway.

Expectant quietude.

Zatanna exhaled, "Thanks. Look, it's pretty simple. We were in the area, together, looking in to something, and then got a call from you,", she pointed at Bruce, "saying you wanted to talk."

"We were in Gotham 'cause I got a tip from a trusted source that there were some major demonic presences here.", John added. "Couldn't be sure it wasn't some that had to be sent back to the wastelands. Tracked 'em down to the Manor, turns out it's Raven, the Al-Ghul-Damian, if I remember right-", Damian's jaw clenched, "and you", he pointed at Adyn, "so all's fine and dandy."

Resisting the urge to roll her eyes at his commandeering the situation, Zatanna resumed, "Besides, I haven't seen Raven in ages."she added, "How are you?"

The empath smirked, "Hanging on, as ever."

"Well,", John interrupted once more, "Bob's your uncle! Now can we get on with this."

"On with what?"

John tilted his head at Damian, "On with whatever Batman- or Bruce or whatever- wanted to talk about. And catching up: it really has been too long ma lovely.", he said the last to Raven.

***

"Where's Bella?"

"With Jaime, Kori and Alfred. They seemed capable of taking care of a five-year old.", Damian informed his father, intending to exit the Batcave promptly- he had better things to be doing with his time as opposed to talking with two magical practitioners.