Chapter Ten

"Is Raven alright?", Kori said when Damian walked back inside the kitchen.

Turning to face Koriand'r, who was sitting around the breakfast table with Jon, Adyn and Donna, Damian shook his head.

"Raven isn't well. Right now she's asleep, however, she'll be needing to eat soon."

Maternal concern flittered though Kori's eyes, echoed by Donna and Jon -who were eating their way through an entire box of Cornflakes on their own. Adyn, on the other hand, appeared to be deep in thought.

Finally he said, "Raven has always been able to heal herself quickly, she should be fine in a few hours, shouldn't she?", he looked to Damian as though seeking conformation.

Meeting Adyn's gaze placidly, he replied, "I should think so. Her healing abilities have always been exemplary. This must merely be a result of the colder temperatures and events of the past few days."

The pastel-haired demon accepted this response with a small smile, biting in to a slice of toast...and audibly groaning shortly after.

"It's soooo tasty! Where has this been all my life?!"

The others laughed at his antics, more at ease with him being in their company than before. Adyn was...an interesting person, Kori had found him quite likeable: he had a few moments where his character was quite sombre and serious, but mostly, he was like Garfield. A lot like Garfield. The others were of fairly similar opinions, bar Damian, of course. He was much more cynical, and had years of prejudice to hold against the demon, although he was trying to reverse old mentalities.

Biting his lip in thought, Damian pulled out the phone that Kori had forced him to take a few months ago. Tapping on the music app, he put in his earphones, smirking at the song that began playing. 

You can't argue with a fever you can't sweat out.

***

"What is that?"

"It smells so goooooood!"

"What is it and where is mine?"

Damian cast a curious look towards the group that had trailed in to the kitchen.

It had been a few hours since breakfast and he had decided that, since Raven hadn't come downstairs, he should bring her some food. Seeing as there was nothing marginally healthy in the fridge, Damian thought it would be best to cook something himself. Apparently, that had attracted a small crowd of miscreants to disrupt him.

"Wait, is short stack cooking?", Jason asked, peering around Damian's head, only to receive a slap upside the head.

"It's not for you Todd.", the slap-giver said, shooting him a look out of the corner of his eye.

"But it smells amazing!", Jon complained, coming up to the stove from Damian's other side.

He reached out for the wooden spoon in the pot, only to recoil at Damian's withering glare. Looking a little hurt, Superboy attempted to coax his teammate in to co-operating through the use of...puppy dog eyes.

'Uqsim billah' اقسم بالله...

Damian was on the verge of slamming his head on the counter as Donna and Jason joined Jon  in his pathetic efforts to try the food. It was just...sad. Especially for Jason. Damian was surprised that he would stoop so low, then again, he wouldn't put anything past that jacket slut. (A.N: Sorry, I just had to. Please don't G-note me...)

Raising an eyebrow at the trio, Damian tutted, "Tt, you look painfully hysterical. Stop embarrassing yourselves. This isn't for you so take your leave."