Chapter Eight

*Art Not Mine- All Rights To The Original Creator*

"So, uh... what now?

The JLA, Titans and Batfamily looked uneasily at each other as silence ensued.

Raven attempted to avoid the imploring gaze of her emerald-eyed teammate. The teammate who, at first, she didn't know whether or not to kill. As vulgar as it mat be, that was the truth -and it applied vice versa.

Immediately upon meeting the other, Damian and Raven had recognised their demonic presence. Although, it did take Damian slightly longer to do so. And longer for the both of them to accept that they had to work with, live with and (fundamentally) get along with, someone whom they were raised to hate with a fiery passion of a feud spanning off thousands of years. Yet, by some miraculous method, they had managed to last over two years tolerating living together in a slightly messed up, broken family called The Teen Titans.

At the break of dawn, when all was calm in the world, they would even bring it upon themselves to enjoy the peace together. Both silent save the occasional, unaffected comment. Relishing in the comfort of tranquillity. Alone together. A deep feeling of unspoken understanding between them.

Despite all of these blissful moments, they had never spoken to one another of their origins. That one time, when Damian approached Raven, she was meditating under the closure brought only by the night's shadows, he barely queried about the images he saw in head. The ones he received from being healed by her powers. The images of Hell. Of Trigon. Of...training. Not even fully formed thoughts or memories, merely flickers; yet they lasted in Damian's mind. They assisted him in creating a picture of Raven's character- of figuring her out. The same applied to Raven, though it was safe to say, neither had truly completed their pictures, merely drawing the outline.

Staring intently at the witch-girl, Damian allowed himself a little freedom to ponder whether he'd ever figure Raven out.

He was drawn out of his contemplation by the curt, resonant tone of his father, addressing Adyn.

"Is there anything else you can tell us?", he said, arms folded.

Adyn, having lost his talkative attitude, was shrinking under the Batman's observations. It appeared as though he would like nothing more than to hide behind his sister like a child playing hide and seek. With a vigilante.

Deciding to get his shit together, Adyn cleared his throat, reminding himself of the imperative nature of the conversation.

"Well...once they had breeched the inner walls of the castle, the soldiers tasked with the protection of Kadaar's family fought against the invaders. But they were outnumbered. We were outnumbered. Before...", his crimson orbs danced with fire. "before they killed Kadaar, he told me to escape. He ordered me to flee and find Raven and no matter what, to not turn back.", he met the eyes of his half-sister. "I took one step away, and heard him...heard him cry out. I heard them all, but I couldn't turn back. I hid in a secret passageway underground, waiting for my strength to replenish so that I could have enough energy to open a small portal to here."

Adyn's voice took a more urgent tone, "Above me, I could hear speaking. One said something about 'waiting until the next Blood Moon' and the other seemed to question what they were saying. I thought it might be about if they were going to take further action, so I tried going out the passage the same way I went in. Only to find myself in front of a group of the ones who attacked the night before.

"I opened a portal as quickly as possible and...well, you know the rest."

"What does that mean? What's a Blood Moon?", Jon asked. "Is it like a red sun?" Superman and Superboy shuddered at the thought, causing Diana to shake her head in amusement.