Chapter Twenty

"Sixteen...seventeen...eighteen...nineteen...twenty!"

Raven and Damian high-fived one more time before un-twining their legs and flipping off from the bar. They fell to the floor in unison with barely a sound, smirking.

"We win!", they announced to the two other teams on the bars besides them.

Adyn and Jaime were to their left, knees together on the horizontal pole, legs locked together to stop themselves from falling as they lowered themselves up and down on either side of the bar. Jon and Donna were in a similar situation, completing their 'extreme' sit-ups with red faces: not due to exertion of course.

Damian didn't see what was so hard, it was a mere exercise (and to do only twenty was almost scandalous). Naturally, he and Raven had finished first, acting in faultless synchronisation- and  finding the technique of high-fiving at every full crunch to be useful. Though, Jaime and Adyn weren't far behind, landing next to them within a few seconds.

"Oh, we came second!", Adyn commented, surprisingly pleased.

"Yeah we did.", Jaime laughed, holding out his hand for a fist-bump.

Adyn stared at the hand in confusion, tilting his head like a dog. Jaime chuckled at him, changing the position of Adyn's fingers so that they matched Jaime's.

"Like this, see?", he bumped his fist in to the pastel demon's.

Adyn being Adyn, he laughed like a small child, somehow managing to find the entire thing highly amusing.

Smiling at the scene before her, Raven diverted her attention to the last pair, who had just finished. Donna and Jon had somehow managed to get themselves stuck on the metal bar, suspended helplessly eight feet off the ground.  Raven barely counted to five in her head before the two youngest titans were on the ground, having fallen on their arses.

Lips lifted to one corner, she shared an amused smirk with her partner, straining to avoid acknowledging the way his hair was slightly mussed from the exercise, or that his plain black shirt clung to his lean frame with sweat or- Azar!- where did that come from?!

The mentally distraught half-demon turned away form her friend, pinching the bridge of her nose. Making her way to ten in her head, Raven quieted her emotions, returning them from an inferno to a safety flame. Shaking her head, she turned her attention to the group.

"Right, well, team Damirae won the first round."

"Damirae?", they raised a brow in unison. 

"Yeah,", Jaime smiled cunningly, "A mix of your names. Damian and Raven makes Damirae. Jon and Donna makes Jonna. Adyn and Jaime makes...meh, that doesn't work"

They all to a moment to just...process.

"My name isn't 'Rae'", she scrunched her nose in distaste, "It's Raven."

Jaime shrugged her off, "So what? It sounds good." Ignoring an indignant Raven and an irritated Damian, Jaime continued, "Why don't we do press-ups next?"

***

Donna's P.O.V

"Um, okay, do you wanna start?", the boy in front of me asked, meeting my gaze for a second before dropping it.

I thought about it for a second, taking the chance to occupy my mind with something else gratefully.  Looking up, I was drawn in for a moment, by eyes that would surely be bluer than that of any offspring of Poseidon.

"Ah,", I froze forgetting what I was about to say, caught up in those pools of cobalt, "Yeah, okay."

Jon nodded, fidgeting with the corner of his shirt -God's grant mercy upon me-: we hadn't changed in to our 'hero' getups, not even Damian, who used to wear his suit 24/7 -he and Raven wore similar, plain harem trousers and black shirts.