Chapter Twenty-Five

A.N: Wow, this far already?!

Complete silence.

A pin-drop could be heard it the abnormal quiet.

Satisfied that they were all ready to listen intently, Damian started to explain, knowing that Adyn and Raven would pick up where appropriate.

"Yes, the human legend of,", all three grimaced, "vampires does come from the Children of the Night, however, humans have altered the image of a Child of the Night so far, it is almost insulting."

Though Damian's tone was irritated, the coy smirk playing at his lips showed  his amusement at the notion.

"Honestly, first it was 'sunlight kills them'-"

"Bullshit.", Raven commented, shaking her head, earning her a sharp look from Kori.

"Then 'they all live in Transylvania'-"

Adyn snorted.

"Now they sparkle!", Damian completed, faux sighing and hanging his head in despair.

Raven chuckled, leaving many stunned at her lightened mood, "I think Stephanie Meyer broke the poor thing.", she patted Damian on the shoulder in fake sympathy.

Jaime watched as the Robin glared playfully at Raven, holding back a fit of happy-dancing at their adorableness. He laughed alongside the others at Raven's teasing, content with watching the two interact.

Damirae needed to happen-and fast- the anticipation was driving Jaime insane!

His reaction, however, was quite a contrast to Batman's.

Bruce's brow was furrowed, not because he was irritated or angry, but because he was piecing together information. Thoughts not even crossing the way Damian and Raven were acting together, Bruce's mind was occupied by all that had been said, cataloging the information on the forms of preternatural beings- and fitting it alongside the history of Hell, regarding the Al-Ghul and Ad-Djinn.

Having done so, he put forward the question, "So what are these Children of the Night, seeing as they aren't as imagined by humanity?", steering the room directly on to the topic at hand.

As if a cold air had descended, the room's occupants stilled, turning once more to Damian, Raven and Adyn, waiting for an answer.

It wasn't surprising that Bruce had such an effect upon the Justice League, Titans and his adopted children- the authority carried by the Dark Night was unquestionable.

Clearing his throat, Adyn looked to Raven and Damian for conformation that he could open the response.

Receiving nods, he began, "The Night Children are...", he scratched his head, searching for the right phrasing, "distantly linked to our kind in the sense that.. we'll-", he searched for a way around the problem of not wanting to blatantly state the nature of demons.

"There are similarities in-uh, there's no way of sugar coating this,", Raven sighed,massaging her temples.

Ripping it off like a bandage, Damian said, "Both need blood to survive."