Chapter Ninety-Two

"We can't thank the Teen Tiana enough for their contributions to this great city- we've missed them dearly. And so, it is my honour to officially welcome them back!", the Mayor of Jump City cut the red ribbon tied in front of the building and smiled at the gathered press.

Standing to the side, the Titans watched in awkwardly, both grateful and cringing juuuuuust a little. See, unlike Gotham and Metropolis, Jump City had welcomed heroes with open arms (the Flash was plastered over every noticeboard in town). No one shared in this sentiment as much as the Mayor, a jolly fellow of about forty-five with rosy cheeks and sandy blond hair. A real darling, bless him.

Damian hated it.

The shining sun and the beaming Mayor and the cheering crowd and THE DAMN SUN!

Why couldn't they have stayed in Gotham? With the lovely dark and antisocial people and crazy villains playing blackjack in the bars and-and-...it didn't really matter anyway. Damian wasn't going to stay living in the Tower, nor were Kori, Dick and Raven. At least, not for a while. Jaime, Donna, Jonathan and Garfield (who was visiting them) would stay in the Titans Tower while the rest remained in the Manor, transported there most days by Raven. Bruce had insisted on letting them use one of his planes, but it had been agreed that Raven's portals seemed a little more practical.

What with the baby due in less than a month, Dick and Koriand'r hadn't had a honeymoon. They stayed at the Manor just so Kori wouldn't try to go sorting out the Tower, lifting sofas and training equipment and such, and overexerting herself: Dick had made some other excuse to her of course.

For Damian and Raven, the situation was a little more complicated. See, Damian didn't exactly want to leave. He was just rebuilding the relationship with his father- stronger than it had been in a long time- and getting used to Selina (who he was getting to trust). And Raven, she didn't want to let Gotham go. It was like Los Angeles, but purer in sin. The air was intoxicatingly chaotic. Whether or not she could leave, she knew for a fact that Pride would despise staying elsewhere. Sad though it was to say, Raven quite liked being part of the ridiculously loud family.

Jason- the loud, gun-swinging alcoholic who was secretly a nerd.

Dick- the fabulously thicc acrobat with far too much love for the 80s.

Stephanie- Cyborg's waffle-sister and absolute instigator.

Timothy- sleep deprived walking coffee machine.

Cassandra- the beautiful silence and no.1 filmer of all mischief in the house.

Of course, Belladonna- the little ball of adorable with signature Wayne mischief.

Occasionally Barbara- the one who taketh no shit.

Alfred. No explanation needed. GRANDPAAA

And Mr Wayne. Bruce. The caring father and stern mentor with too many children.

Raven had built a strange relationship with her boyfriend's father. One of respect and understanding, but not particularly affectionate like he was with Jonathan. Bruce acknowledged that Raven cared for his son; he acknowledged that she was powerful, excessively so- a magical being beyond control if she so let herself be.

It wasn't until an incident, a week before the new Tower had been opened, that Bruce had let the demoness in, truly embracing her as one of the Wayne brood.

The Batclan had been payed a visit, in the dead of night, by the exiled plant-woman. Poison Ivy. She'd found her way in to the grounds of Wayne Manor, the acres of forest, appearing on the radar.

Batman had faced her, at the divide between the freshly cropped grass and the untamed forest. His voice didn't waver, "Pamela.", inviting her to explain herself, begging that she wouldn't say what he dreaded. Bruce knew he was at risk. She was in her element, amongst her brethren, blending in with the fresh spring leaves turned dark green with the little light the night permitted.