Chapter Thirty-Eight

A violet glow encased the door handle, turning it to open the door, allowing Raven entrance. Hands full -holding bags that she hadn't wanted to waste magical energy on levitating- she entered her room, kicking the door shut with her heel.

Sighing, the demoness chucked the bags in to her bed, assured that the priceless contents within wouldn't be too damaged. Those priceless contents, of course, being her outfit for the Christmas Eve 'party' (all too formal to be called a party, nonetheless, that was its title) including a dress, shoes, clutch, jewellery, beauty products and underwear: half of which she wouldn't have bought, had Stephanie and Kori not forced her too.

Shivering at the memory of the agonising hour they'd spent in the lingerie shop, Raven's fingers turned the lock to her door, a solid click sounding in the quiet. Sunlight streaming in through the thankfully closed window, despite the biting temperature outside, Raven's feet pattered against the floor as she walked from the door to the cupboard then the bathroom, clutching an awfully soft towel.

Opening the door, Raven slipped out of her clothes, suppressing a shiver at the wave of cold that made her hair stand on end, laying them in a neat pile and placing her towel atop, folded as immaculately as the state of her room- very. Ignoring her reflection in the far-too-large mirror, Raven's feet left the tiles, meeting the shower's floor.

Fingers finding the screen she pressed a single button, snorting at the technology. Of course Wayne manor would be fitted with custom showers, enabling you to set the temperature and velocity of the water- as well as being able to play music and set a timer.

How convenient. She snorted, ice-like water cascading from the shower head.

*

Exhaling, Raven pulled one of a plethora of jumpers -all recently purchased- over her head: the declining temperatures had called for such measures, as well as an increase in thick, fluffy socks. Winter was proving to be a lot more 'wintery' in Gotham than in Jump City.

In all likelihood, the clouds would give in and join once more to unleash a blizzard upon the city.

Relief filled Raven at the thought of the numerous protective runes on her 'hero uniform', it would mean no colds caught whilst on patrol or any other 'titans business'.

Casting an eye to the bags besides her in the bed, all sporting designer labels much to her chagrin, Raven winced, remembering the pricing for each item. Far, far too high for her to be comfortable with.

Still, the dress was truly beautiful, so perhaps she could live with herself.

***

"You're going to do what?", Superman folded his arms, curious, not angry.

"Protection runes.", Raven answered. "John and Zatanna should be here any moment."

In the Hall of Justice's entrance, the three demonic residents of Wayne Manor and many core Justice League members stood: Damian, Raven and Adyn having proposed an idea to them.

"Constantine and Zatanna? That's what you needed to contact them about?", Batman's arms were folded too, however, his demeanour was entirely separate to Superman's- who stood to his left.

Raven nodded, lifting her hood back from her face, "We had to weigh up options."

Wonder Woman too crossed her arms (what was it with the Justice League and folding their arms?), "We?"

Damian stepped in, dressed in his Robin uniform, as usual, bright white lights shining on his eyes giving them an even more otherworldly glow than usual, "Raven and I.", Cyborg raised his lone eyebrow, growing exceedingly intrigued.