Chapter Fifty-Eight

With a heavy sigh, Vic tuned out of the shouting match taking place in front of him, instead, sharing an exasperated glance with J'onn: the Martian Manhunter reclined on the sofa opposite him, sharing the sitting space with Lantern. All of them taking up space in one of the more...casual meeting rooms in the Hall Of Justice, the Titans and other Leaguers stood between a floor to ceiling window and the sofas Cyborg, J'onn, and Hal sat on.

Emerging from the loud, verbally violent congregation, Bluebeetle plonked himself down next to Vic, another tired look exchanged. The chaos of the Titans and Leaguers blazed on for an eternity -primarily Robin shouting; Batman shouting; Superman trying to butt in; Wonderwoman trying to butt in; Raven being done with people's shit; and Donna and Jon looking hopeless.

"I tried my best, ese, but Damian is too stubborn!", Jaime appealed, receiving Vic's utmost sympathy (and wry amusement), "Even Raven! Ay- she's gonna loose it, I don't really wanna see that."

"When do you think they'll stop?", Cyborg said as he observed Wonderwoman attempt appeasement again.

"I don't know. A while."

And a while it took.

The sitting heroes continued their light commentary as fists were shaken, teeth were kissed, Arabic was sworn in, and finally...after the sun had fallen...the conflict ended (which wasn't saying much since the sun had been setting when the argument started: statements had been given to the press, security and cleanup personnel had arrived in town, and the heroes had left the alien-leech covered town before they came to the Hall).

What ended the argument was simple enough in concept, yet its effects were less than inconsequential.

In the midst of fuming rage and indignation, Raven had forgotten one key element of her continued existence on Earth- managing the influx of emotions from other parties. Somehow, with all the variation in feelings from such powerful beings, her control had begun to slip, allowing that darkness to almost swim to the surface of her mind.

At the last second, when she'd realised that her vision had turned red (not the red that came with her emotions being enhanced to to hunger or lust, but unquestionably unholily demonic red) Raven slammed the walls back up, her self control wavering. In a flash of purple, after making meaningful eye contact with Robin, Raven disappeared, a portal taking her to wherever the Hell she could get some space to meditate. Trigon would be spiking up soon with his pathetic words, and she was in to temperament to deal with him.

Suspended in stunned silence, the arguers stared at one another, no one sure of what to do. She had gone so quickly. No explanation given. Just bam. Gone.

"Uh okay, someone want to explain what the heck just happened?", the Flash asked the silence

After a slow release of oxygen, willing calm in to his veins and doing all in his power to exhale peace, Damian unclenched his jaw and answered, "An overwhelming build up of emotions most likely. Nothing overly concerning."

From besides Batman, Kori perked up, "You are sure?", adding, "Perhaps someone should-"

Anticipating the way that Starfire's thoughts were going, Damian cut her off, "I'll check."

With that, he left.

He just...left.

Walked between Koriand'r and Bruce, past Cyborg, Jaime, Hal and J'onn, and went through the door. No other words spoken, but too many lingering in the air.

***

Peace.

That wasn't too hard to find, right?